Friend looking an SEO person/company - any recommendations?

SEO comes in many forms now. It isnt just about using keywords since the new Penguin update. Its how you refer to people in your website, interaction and backlinking from other sites.

For more information check my blog at - http://blog.yieldkit.com/en

Also if you want to monetize your site check out YieldKit

I've just read 5 threads in this forum and on every thread you spam your link, it's not necessary. I can see your link in the sig.

If your web site is well designed to standards and is relevant to a topic searched, then you should be okay.

I strongly disagree on this point.
With good SEO, you can target key phrases and see your website appear for those key phrases, on the front page of google.

I do not believe that it is possible for the above to be achieved without any "forced" SEO work.

A removals company, which I work for, pays £360 to a company called Web360 and they work on moving our website up the rankings for certain key phrases. They even offered us a first month satisfaction guarantee (which is what initially tweaked our interest). Needless to say, they delivered on their promises in the first month and we have been paying them every month. I think they promised to get 70% of the key phrases we gave them, onto page 1 of google.

My advice would be to try speaking to different SEO companies and see if they give you a money back guarantee (on the first month). If they are confident on what they promise, they will put their money where their mouth is. You do not want to be in a position where they charge you £x and you see no improvement on your search engine rankings.

Another alternative is to use sponsored advertising on Google (or your favourite search engine). You have to run through the costs of using adverts vs SEO (organic search rankings) and use whichever works best for you. We tried using advertising, but found it more cost-effective to spend the money on SEO services and go for high rankings on organic searches.

Anyway...good luck.

Last edited:
Good web design and SEO go hand in hand.

If your web site is well designed to standards and is relevant to a topic searched, then you should be okay.

Yep, I too disagree with that.

Granted, design/CRO is definately a significant part of SEO, but alone it won't provide high rankings for some of the more generic terms you'd want a business to appear for. Without things like link building you simply cannot compete (without Adwords of course).

However, on the flip side, I have seen good results on ecommerce site for longer tail terms with little off site seo.

Jestar, here is a question: if you designed and built a (brand new) perfect website. For a certain batch of key phrases, do you think your website would be able to make it to the front page of google's organic searches, without any additional/continuing optimisation?

Last edited:
I've just read 5 threads in this forum and on every thread you spam your link, it's not necessary. I can see your link in the sig.

Ok, well i was just making the fact clear. I do this as a job daily so I wanted to give some quality information and not just half hearted comments.

My bad for trying to help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom