FRITZ!Box 7530

Associate
Hey,

Can anyone tell me in SUPER simple terms how to make this modem/router just a modem? I looked at some guides but im really not that tech savvy and dont reall understand them.

I want to make it just for internet and then get a Amplifi instand or HD, connect that Via a Ethernet cable so it can handle all of my wifi in the house to try improve signal.

Regards

Carl

Soldato
So you want to use a Ubiquiti Amplifi to provide Routing and WiFi have I got that right?

I’ll explain how to to put the 7530 into modem mode when I get home but its super simple.

Associate
OP
So you want to use a Ubiquiti Amplifi to provide Routing and WiFi have I got that right?

I’ll explain how to to put the 7530 into modem mode when I get home but its super simple.

Yeah basically Fritzbox just as the modem so I can plug for example a Amplifi HD router into it and then put the mesh points upstairs so that the Amplifi handles all the wifi in my house

Soldato
First of all i went into the Wireless > Radio Network > Active Frequency Bands > Turned off both 2.4 and 5Ghz can't remember if this step is needed but it does not hurt.

To put 7530 into what it calls a modem mode go into Internet > Account Information > Internet Service provider > Other Internet Service Provider > Name (i called mine Modem Mode) and copy the settings i have in the pictures.

I am using Zen so the Connection settings work for me, i'm not 100% they will work for you if you're with another provider.

https://i.imgur.com/pBvMYYy.png
https://i.imgur.com/ZfWmFRj.png
pBvMYYy

ZfWmFRj

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I am using Zen so the Connection settings work for me, i'm not 100% they will work for you if you're with another provider.
I am also with Zen.

So this way I can connect lets say this:
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £420.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)

one of the boxes via Ethernet to my FRITZ!box so thats my new Wifi then I can have the other box upstairs linked to the first box in a mesh system for better internet.

Sorry if I keep asking the same questions, just dont wanna blow lots of money on stuff and it not work how I want/think it should work.

Soldato
I am also with Zen.

So this way I can connect lets say this:
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £420.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)

one of the boxes via Ethernet to my FRITZ!box so thats my new Wifi then I can have the other box upstairs linked to the first box in a mesh system for better internet.

Sorry if I keep asking the same questions, just dont wanna blow lots of money on stuff and it not work how I want/think it should work.

To use those devices you would just need to turn the WiFi off on the Fritz box if you put it into Modem mode your network wouldn't work as you would have no Router as the devices you linked are purely WiFi Access Points they have no Routing function, in your initial post you said you Amplifi which has a built in Router.

The items you linked do seem over priced as well.

Associate
OP
Ah I thought one of them was a router and the other was a wifi point. Yeah I said Amplifi but wasnt sure if i should futureproof myself and go Wifi 6 (as when I build my new PC it will have wifi 6 on the board already) and I dont think Ubiquiti do any Wifi 6 mesh systems.

Associate
First of all i went into the Wireless > Radio Network > Active Frequency Bands > Turned off both 2.4 and 5Ghz can't remember if this step is needed but it does not hurt.

To put 7530 into what it calls a modem mode go into Internet > Account Information > Internet Service provider > Other Internet Service Provider > Name (i called mine Modem Mode) and copy the settings i have in the pictures.

https://i.imgur.com/pBvMYYy.png
https://i.imgur.com/ZfWmFRj.png
pBvMYYy

ZfWmFRj
May I just thank you after spending hours searching for an answer and all sorts of other settings your step by step advice was a god send!!

Dont know how the stay home is treating you but you could be a yoda if you choose!!!

Associate
I'm trying to find one of the Fritz Repeater boxes. Zen have offered me a box for about 12 quid per month which is ridiculous

Anyone found an UK seller with the Repeater 2400 or 3000 online?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom