Frostpunk 2

I'm interested in this game but from watching online reviews it looks like they may have strayed a little too far from what made the original frostpunk special. I wonder what they changed during the release delay?

I've been playing it tonight. I kind of like how they've streamlined things so there isn't uber-micro-management needed anymore. Still failed the main mission though. Valid comments about frostbreaking machines magically appearing and no sight of people which is a bit of a shame.

Whether things change when you get past the first map, I dunno as some of the screenies in the Game Pass app look quite similar to Frostpunk 1 in that regard.

Last edited:
Played the first part and up until you really start developing a major thriving colony in the snowy wasteland and just got bored. It doesn't have the soul of the first one, and while the graphics are amazing. I just didn't care to play on :(

Last edited:
It does seem to be divisive with what people think about the game, not sure if that is just related to those who loved FP1 before playing this follow-up.
I noted the devs posting about their celebration of selling 350,000 copies of the game so far, and yet a thread over at Steam noted and linked an article that told of the sales and expected players, against those number playing, not meeting expectations.

So far, rather than a reasonably instant buy, I have been on the fence and will probably wait some time before buying it, if I do. I am swaying at the moment, between what FP was and then trying to reconcile if this will be something I'll play. Somewhat mixed feelings.

Last edited:
It's popped up on gamepass so have installed it (I'm spoiled with gamepass stuff this month, Age of Mythology, Frostpunk 2 and now Ara History untold). Just need to find some more time :D

Unless price drops quite a bit might try it on ganepass at some point once I get through my backlog.

Spoilt for choice for games these days.

Back
Top Bottom