Frostpunk 2

Soldato
Waiting to see how much there is in terms of exploration and advancement as most of the trailers seem to have majored on the politics this time.
Been playing FP2 beta and have very mixed feelings over it. Plenty of exploration far more then Frostpunk 1 that area is better. City building feels really basic and cut back not keen on that side of changes at all. There is very little attachment to the city.
Advancement looks like it could be a good improvement but not in its current state. At the moment its completely unbalanced with almost all the choices being one sided. Although I expect this will be fixed over time. The UI is poor as its gone for looks over function. It does look nice but its a pain to use in areas. Not enjoying the politics side of things one bit.

Associate
Been playing FP2 beta and have very mixed feelings over it. Plenty of exploration far more then Frostpunk 1 that area is better. City building feels really basic and cut back not keen on that side of changes at all. There is very little attachment to the city.
Advancement looks like it could be a good improvement but not in its current state. At the moment its completely unbalanced with almost all the choices being one sided. Although I expect this will be fixed over time. The UI is poor as its gone for looks over function. It does look nice but its a pain to use in areas. Not enjoying the politics side of things one bit.
Ah no way! It's a city builder so not sure how they've managed to make that bit worse!

Soldato
Ah no way! It's a city builder so not sure how they've managed to make that bit worse!
The way it works is you put a distract down. Say its a housing distract that distract has 1 pre set building slot, a max of two slots if you expand the distract. Then you pick a building and put it in the pre set slot. So you don't even choose where the building goes. Select slot 1 or 2 and pick building and the building list for each distract is tiny.

Soldato
The way it works is you put a distract down. Say its a housing distract that distract has 1 pre set building slot, a max of two slots if you expand the distract. Then you pick a building and put it in the pre set slot. So you don't even choose where the building goes. Select slot 1 or 2 and pick building and the building list for each distract is tiny.

That doesn't sound good. Does that mean the uniqueness of different player's cities will gone?

Soldato
That doesn't sound good. Does that mean the uniqueness of different player's cities will gone?
I wouldn't say gone more vastly reduced.

The beta only has 1 map the rest are disabled. The resources are always in a fixed locations which means the corresponding distract is pretty much always going be in the same place per playthrough. The map layout plays a big part in where you going going to place a distract. Coal is always in the same spot so you are always going to drop that first extraction distract on the coal and always place a coal mine in the building slot. There are only two places to grow food and only 4 possible places for Logistic distracts so those are pretty much always going be in the same location. Its not called iron but pretty much the same for iron mines those are pretty much always going be in similar positions. You do draw the shape of the distract but its got to touch the resource so always around about in the same area.

There is some uniqueness. I don't think this counts as spoilers as its in the first game. My first playthrough I upgraded coal mines and got most of my coal from from extraction distracts. In my 3rd playthrough I built 1 single coal mine which I later disabled and 4 Logistic distracts and a load of storage deports and got my coal from the wasteland and stored up to cover the storms.

I enjoyed that 3rd playthrough a fair bit. A lot more then the first playthrough. I think after a few balance patch's and UI problems being fixed it will be a good game. Just come at it as a Frostpunk Wastelands game rather then a direct sequel. I mean a game set in the Frostpunk world rather then a direct sequel.

Back
Top Bottom