Fuji X Series

Caporegime
Anyhow, now I put the case on the camera, which arrived like 2 days after I send the camera away for repair....I can finally give some proper thoughts on it.

The case comes in 2 sections. The base and grip and the "flap cover".

The base is attached with a thumb screw at the bottom with the battery door accessible. There is a a leather flap with magnet that holds an extra door in place to protect everything at the bottom away from the elements. There is a magnet on the base + 2 pieces of velcro at the bottom to attach to the flap when seated.

The back side of the flap where it makes contact with the rear LCD has a cushion, you can see in the side profile how thick it is. , There is also a cushion pad on the left front side that makes contact with the front of the camera.

On the front flap there is a magnet which when closed, snap shut to the base part holding it all in place. I think the magnet is across the bottom of the front flap to the front of the base unit. With the weather sealing kit and filter the whole thing fits snug. I would say JUST fits.

I have also put the thumb grip on the back and that also fits with it attached. The stitching is excellent and I would say for the money, the quality is fantastic.

The material is nice, can't tell if it's real or fake leather, I think it is real. It certain feels nicer than those cheap fake leather wallet. The entire thing with the camera feels very solid when closed, like a gold brick in a way.

p.s. I wished it came in black but at the time of purchase, it only came in brown. For like £40 or something that I paid, I think it's excellent, even if it's for the bottom half of the case. I paid like £100 for a Gariz case for the Sony body, and this feels similar quality.

nHO8XkG.jpg

OZ7yCPW.jpg

TtZasfZ.jpg

rA3yziK.jpg

Vw6hunC.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
When you put it on the body, does the camera rest on that paint loss at the front?

edit - if I were you, I would return it, since I know how you think, it will bug you.

It does yes.

You can get the lens grey import for £30 more.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Some test shots, they look insane in full res RAW in LR. These are resized to 1800px longest side.

33mm 1.4, focused on the eye using animal detection.
DSCF4218.jpg

DSCF4227.jpg

18mm 1.4.

Photo of the lens I didn't manage to get the lens straight on so the upper test isn't fully in focus.
DSCF4233.jpg

DSCF4238.jpg

Heavy crop of a photo taken at minimum focus distance.
DSCF4241.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
A few more snaps (on the 18mm), as the sun came out after the rain. Some have crops again.

I've arranged to return the 18mm, going to get it from e-infinity.

Trying to capture a sunstar but the sun was at an awkward spot.
web-1.jpg

web-2.jpg

web-3.jpg

Cropped hard on this one to get the fly detail to pop.
web-4.jpg

Soldato
did you decide on what to buy?

I know this is an old chat but are you locked into a Fuji camera or you looking at other options (am I going to get banned for talking about other vendors? :) )

I am still undecided but I am seriously considering the Fuji X-S20, and nope, I am not locked into any camera system, as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom