Fuji X Series

Soldato
Do you get email notification when the lens is sent out? and which company they use to deliver?

No, nothing to say that they received my application or when it was despatched. I rang them a few times to check. Mine was sent via CityLink and i was able to get the consignment from them the day it was sent out.

Soldato
I would have bought the XE2 if it weren't for the 23mm (35mm equiv) lens costing £800. It's actually a good price compared to offerings from Sony, Canon and Nikon, but I personally don't have that kind of money. The other thing was that there are no constant aperture zooms.

Soldato
My 35mm 1.4 arrived today. What an absolute corker! Still massively impressed with the high ISO performance on from this X-Pro, too.

Here's a quick shot of my 18mm while testing my 35mm out using ISO 6400. I hope this weather clears up soon so I can get outside!

DSCF0416 by Connor Hundley, on Flickr

Associate
My 35mm 1.4 arrived today. What an absolute corker! Still massively impressed with the high ISO performance on from this X-Pro, too.

Here's a quick shot of my 18mm while testing my 35mm out using ISO 6400. I hope this weather clears up soon so I can get outside!

DSCF0416 by Connor Hundley, on Flickr

Yes you will enjoy the 35mm no doubt! :) It really is a very good camera at high iso, I have been extremely pleased with mine.

Like you I am waiting for the weather to get better! :)

Soldato
Absolutely. I've ordered an X-M1 and just waiting for stock but with all the cashback you can get the x-m1 with 16-50 plus a 35mm for £550. Excited about getting mine.

It was going for £187 with the 16-50mm lens kit this morning - tan model.

£387 with £200 cashback. I didn't need it but almost bought one lol.

Soldato
Got to admire the ISO performance on the x system. Quite like their implementation of MF also. What turned me off the 100s was he fixed lens being a bit soft wide open, but otherwise a cracking piece of kit.

Soldato
Yeah the MF is rather nice actually. I always hated MF on my Canon because it wasn't always clear if it was sharp in the viewfinder. I just wish I could change the focus peaking colour to something other than white. Probably in a future firmware update no doubt!

Associate
I wish my leica M9 had focus peaking as it would reduce the odd chance of missing focus due to recomposing the shot.

Don't bother with aligning the patch perfectly, you can overshoot the focus throw a tad and it'll compensate for focus+recompose.

Back
Top Bottom