Full custom builds from Overclockers

Associate
Hi there,

I've been out of the PC building scene for a while (In fact the last PC I bought was a pre-built overclockers one back in 2010!). I have an exact idea of the build I want, but I don't really have the time/skill to build it myself and Overclockers did an EXCELLENT job last time (Cable management was perfect, had to RMA some RAM and they were brilliant through the entire process), so I'm wanting them to build one for me again.

I was just wondering, if I had a parts list (All available on overclockers.co.uk) is there a set fee I can pay to get them to build it for me? I've looked through all the config/custom builds on the site and nothing quite matches what I want.

tldr: If I give Overclockers a parts list will they build me a pc and what would the cost be?

Thanks,

Quantum Sheep

Soldato
Hi there,

I've been out of the PC building scene for a while (In fact the last PC I bought was a pre-built overclockers one back in 2010!). I have an exact idea of the build I want, but I don't really have the time/skill to build it myself and Overclockers did an EXCELLENT job last time (Cable management was perfect, had to RMA some RAM and they were brilliant through the entire process), so I'm wanting them to build one for me again.

I was just wondering, if I had a parts list (All available on overclockers.co.uk) is there a set fee I can pay to get them to build it for me? I've looked through all the config/custom builds on the site and nothing quite matches what I want.

tldr: If I give Overclockers a parts list will they build me a pc and what would the cost be?

Thanks,

Quantum Sheep
its about £100-150 now depending on how complex you want it looking.

can post a list on here and then drop customer service and post on their pre-sale section or call up and point them to this thread to run through it

Associate
OP
Unfortunately my budget isn't stretching that far (want to ideally spend about £1k total). Wanting something that's a decent upgrade to my 1060 3gb and thought maybe the RX5700 would be good value?

Soldato
Unfortunately my budget isn't stretching that far (want to ideally spend about £1k total). Wanting something that's a decent upgrade to my 1060 3gb and thought maybe the RX5700 would be good value?

whats your current CPU ?

rx5700 xt is doing well , OCUK cut down their 2070 Super to £500, which make it about £50-80 more expensive then 5700XT . Some games they are equal but about 50% super does pull away from 5-25 fps. If you've got a G-sync monitor then Nvidia might be way forward . but thats a BIG chunk out of your budget . 2060 Super doesn';t look as attractive next to 5700xt

Associate
Hi there,

Thanks,

Quantum Sheep

Building computers is simple mate, I am sure you could do it and save a bit of money. My 9 year old son built a pc himself after me showing him how to so I am sure you could. Even full water builds are not difficult, do the build yourself :)

Caporegime
Building computers is simple mate, I am sure you could do it and save a bit of money. My 9 year old son built a pc himself after me showing him how to so I am sure you could. Even full water builds are not difficult, do the build yourself :)

You would be amazed at how many people can't do the simplest of things and find them very daunting. This new generation is getting worse and worse.

I had a guy at work buy a pre-build. Had tonnes of issues because they end up getting damaged in transit with the weight and movement.

The engineer they sent out put what must have been a full tube of thermal paste all over his cpu. It was seeping all over the sides and all over the motherboard and the mounting brackets. There was 100 times the thermal where it shouldn't be than what was between the cpu and cooler. So not even the people building them for these companies know what they are doing either.

He used a competitor and after I showed him all the issues he wasn't impressed. He's asked me to build his next one for him. Even though I showed him how easy it is.

Associate
You would be amazed at how many people can't do the simplest of things and find them very daunting. This new generation is getting worse and worse.

I had a guy at work buy a pre-build. Had tonnes of issues because they end up getting damaged in transit with the weight and movement.

The engineer they sent out put what must have been a full tube of thermal paste all over his cpu. It was seeping all over the sides and all over the motherboard and the mounting brackets. There was 100 times the thermal where it shouldn't be than what was between the cpu and cooler. So not even the people building them for these companies know what they are doing either.

He used a competitor and after I showed him all the issues he wasn't impressed. He's asked me to build his next one for him. Even though I showed him how easy it is.

One of my friends was unable to build a PC too actually a few months back, he said he spent 7 hours trying to do it! (Crazy), I went over and showed him how simple it was and he is ok building now. I always tell people to build themselves rather than buy pre-built, but yeah I agree there will always be a few that still are unable to do it somehow.

Back
Top Bottom