Gah, i literally cant decide on my new psu.

Soldato
Ive whittled it down to the 600w seasonic, the new 620w enermax modular, or the 500w antec phantom.

Noise is a factor because my pc is in my living room, but im not sure if the antec would get too hot, the seasonic is supposed to be quiet, but its not modular. The enermax is modular but i dont know how quiet it is.

Does anyone have any of these psu's and can give an honest opinion?

Associate
Seasonic always comes up trumps in lab tests. I don't see any real advantage to modular designs as cables can always be hidden. If i were buying now it would be the Seasonic without a shadow of doubt.

Soldato
Tagan TG580-U15 580W ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant Modular Silent PSU (CA-009-TG)

I got the 430W version as an RMA replacement for an Antec Smartpower (2 doa in a row!) and it's modular, quiet (silent, TBH) and the rails are spectacular.

Soldato
I say the Antec Phantom 500. Its one amazing PSU. Totally silent (you can never hear the fan even on full power as it is a 60mm silent one).

The entire PSU also acts as a massive heatsink so absorbs some of the CPU/case heat as well.

Seriously heavy & also a little longer than most PSUs. Very well built & even on a hot day you never even know it is on (cool blue light on the back as well for the win!).

Caporegime
Dirk said:
Seasonic always comes up trumps in lab tests. I don't see any real advantage to modular designs as cables can always be hidden. If i were buying now it would be the Seasonic without a shadow of doubt.

I don't see any reason why a top line PSU should not be modular.
Hiding cables hinders airflow what ever way you look at it.

If the seasonics released a modular design then I would get one.

Soldato
If you have an NF4 board dont bother with the Seasonic. I bought the 600w S12 on thursday and my Ultra-D wont boot, i just get a flashing led on the motherboard.

Wish I had seen this thread before.
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17916&page=1&pp=15&highlight=boot+flashing+led

Im going to take it back this afternoon to swap, the only other good power supply they (another retailer) is the 600W enermax noisetaker or libery. I guess ill go for the liberty.

Caporegime
Devious said:
If you have an NF4 board dont bother with the Seasonic. I bought the 600w S12 on thursday and my Ultra-D wont boot, i just get a flashing led on the motherboard.

Wish I had seen this thread before.
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17916&page=1&pp=15&highlight=boot+flashing+led

Im going to take it back this afternoon to swap, the only other good power supply they (another retailer) is the 600W enermax noisetaker or libery. I guess ill go for the liberty.

thanks devious the enermax liberty then is for me :p

Caporegime
Will this change your mind?

:p

img46465vg.jpg

img46477ta.jpg

Associate
I have to admit I installed an enermax 400w liberty the other day, like the one in the above picture. It does look quality.

Back
Top Bottom