Gah, i literally cant decide on my new psu.

VaderDSL said:
you sure you have everything plugged in fine with the enermax on the opty rig?

Yeah, pretty much.

I just know when i take it back tonight its going to be a P4 rig they test it on and it will spring into life. :mad:

Big.Wayne said:
Hi,

I was reading a review of this PSU and it seemed that the cables are not so well arranged, as in there is a fair few connectors clumped on each line?

I agree, the way they have the 4 pin, sata and floppy connectors on the same cable is really annoying. Escpecially on my ULTRA-D which needs a 4 pin and a floppy power connector for the motherboard. Both those cables then cant reach much else.

I might see if I can swap it for a different one again :(

Just took my Enermax back, the guy tested it with one of those Enermx psu testers with the LED's it showed up as working correctly. He agreed to swap it anyway, I got home and the replacemnt works fine :D

Devious said:
If you have an NF4 board dont bother with the Seasonic. I bought the 600w S12 on thursday and my Ultra-D wont boot, i just get a flashing led on the motherboard.

Did you connect the auxily 4 pin and/or molex for the motherboard? And the PCI Express power?

badbob said:
Did you connect the auxily 4 pin and/or molex for the motherboard? And the PCI Express power?

Sure did, and when i put my trusty Tagen 420w in i had forgotten to do that but it booted up fine.

DragonWoLf said:
anyone use the Enermax Liberty 620W in a Stacker or close enough size case? I hear that the cables are short abit? Anyone confirm this?

Ok my stacker has arrived, took photos but can't find the card reader! :rolleyes: but there is plenty of cable length. With the PSU at the bottom the ATX power cable easily reaches the top mounted fan. The power leads also reach uppermost 5.25" bay. There's enough slack to route it ok down then up (rather straight which'll get in the way)

oh one - point is the drive module, I took off the fan (held on with naff plastic clips, ripped out the metal pans behind the far but two clips hold onto them! oops) so going to refit and stick down with double sided pads. Removed the grill also.

Last edited:
right taken a couple of photos sorry should have taken one photo at a time (device and atx power cable only so bit hard to make out, and pushed the others out of the way. The other mobo power connector is in the way also. But you should be able to see the ATX cable reaches the very top of the case, and the drive power cable can reach upper drive with a enough slack to push it out of the way. Drive cable is in a S shape.

btw mounted the psu with the fan facing the bottom, bit concerned sucking in dust, removed the PSU grill since the case grill is there. Couldn't figure out how to mount PSU 180' (fan facing up) I thought the PSU screw holes would be placed in a mirrored positioning?

1.jpg

2.jpg

I guess if you have a staggered HD/optical SATA/PATA drive combo need to think placement - PATA, SATA, PATA, SATA, the connector next to will reach the next drive. But you have enough cables/output blocks anyway so shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom