gallery/album with URL bbcode for forum

Soldato
Hi guys

i'm looking for a gallery or album script (php) with URL bbcode for forum.

I really like celerondude's gallery but doesnt have URL bbcode.

http://www.shareapic.net/171358-Best-Tatoos-Ever.html if you scroll down to bottom you see a box of bbcode for forum, that's what i want but i need it on my web hosting.

after searching for gallery/album script (php) for hours, couldnt find one :(

anyone know a good one? prefer to upload images via FTP, much faster!

Soldato
OP
yeah marc2003, the script u made work very well.

the problem is the more pictures i upload to a folder, it will generate bbcodes for old images as well. thought it would be easier to have gallery/album and it will have a box of url bbcode for each gallery. so i easily copy/paste the bbcode to forum.

Soldato
OP
yeah i would love that but no idea how LOL celerondude gallery is brilliant gallery, just need box of bbcode link (clickable thumbnails to full sized pictures) for each album.

you done mind if you could them? i would really appreciated :)

Soldato
OP
ok here it is. source code

save as index.php - change $here to suit you and create the files and thumbs subfolders via your ftp client. set the permissions on each folder to 777. :)

upload your images to the files folder only. the script will generate the thumbs when you click 'create thumbnails'. :p

limitations - no pagination so could be a big page if you have loads of images. also when uploading new files, don't do too many at a time otherwise you'll bring the server to halt when generating thumbnails - be patient while it works.

thanks for the script but no matter what i do, upload files to a folder, always get this message

you need to create the files and thumbs subfolders!

Soldato
OP
ok got it working (ish)

uploaded 10 pictures to files folder. then open root folder with firefox. says 1 new file(s) found with the error message

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.pascha/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx.com/marc2000/index.php on line 74

using your username folder to testing your script :)

Soldato
OP
seems to be working now

but it's only scan 1 new file at time, also when i upload more images, press F5, no new images detected.

thanks

Soldato
OP
i just started everything again, still only detected 1 file at time. along with error message

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.pascha/xxxxxxx/xxxxxx.com/uploads/index.php on line 74

what exactly do i need to change in the index.php?

i've double checked 10 times the "$here" , the path is correct, no idea why it wouldnt work :(

thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hahaha it's working now :D you're a master :)

how about tweaking the script to make it even better?

when upload 10 images, click thumbnails. copy/paste the bbcode to the forum, the thumbnails displays up to down

ie;

it would be better if the thumbnails displays from left to right?

Also if i upload more images,click thumbnail button, it will create bbcode for new images AND old images. Therefore a year later, it'll gonna take ages to sorting out which url bbcode i want to copy/paste for newest images uploaded. what about display the url bbcode for newest images uploaded?

Soldato
OP
Hi Conrad11

just testing your script, got error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: scandir() in /home/.pascha/XXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXX.com/egallery/index.php on line 460

also can you explain bit more how to use it?

there are 2 folders, "albums" and "image" so i just create folder "Cars" in this albums folder and put all images in Cars folder?

where is "thumbs" folder, i cant find it anywhere lol

thanks

Soldato
OP
i'm with dreamhost, just checked their website, says support PHP5

thanks

edit: just uploaded your script to my other webhost (vidahost), same problem

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
vidahost and dreamhost = PHP Version 4.4.7

just testing egallery script with wamp, doesnt work but PHP version is 5.2.3

Soldato
OP
got email from dreamhost saying i can even upgrade the PHP to 5 by few clicks via control panel :rolleyes: didnt know i could do that lol

egallery is working now :) thank you

only 2 things, delete button.........do u think it's risky? anyone in forums go in my egallery and delete everything? what about a simple password access to the egallery?

how to make all thumbnails to display left to right?

Soldato
OP
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/.pascha/xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/egallery/index.php on line 228

i get that when i uploaded 300 wallpapers :p

how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom