gallery/album with URL bbcode for forum

Soldato
OP
yeah 300 images :cool: lol

marc2003's script worked fine with creating thumbnails for 440 images on 1 page

yeah simple password access to egallery would be very useful. but anyone who click thumbnail via forum, they wouldnt need to enter the user/password?

basically the idea of simple password access is to protect the egallery itself from idiots

ps. yeah displays all the images horizontally for forums :)

Soldato
OP
yeah same server (dreamhost). didnt took long really, about 45 secs to 1 min.

please dont get dont get offended but i've been playing about with your and marc2003 script. marc2003 script generate thumbnails much faster than yours. After i asked marc2003 to disable the script to generate large thumbnails (celerondude's script generate 2 thumbnails, small and large)

testing with same folders and pictures.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ok thanks conrad.

i was thinking of uploader page for your script (egallery)

upload link/page with Jupload multi uploader. http://www.jupload.biz/

I've tested Jupload on my web server, seems to be very good. you upload multi-images to your webserver via FTP (see the left panel of Jupload). Jupload will generate thumbnails by using your PC processer (not the webserver) then upload them to the webserver. good? there are few php scripts need to change like URL of thumbnails folder to upload etc

was of thinking of that embedded in your egallery. that would be BEST gallery ever!

Soldato
OP
ok. uploaded 115 images to a folder. click select all button, click thumbnails button, counted to 38 seconds then white blank screen with no error message. just 100% blank screen (firefox)

just did small test with 32 images (12mb), its worked but copy/paste the bbcode to my forum. display thumbnails fine but not clickable. just noticed the tag is missing from bbcode textare...o to bed now. gotta work in the morning :eek:

Soldato
OP
yeah created 306 thumbnails in 1 go, i didnt time it but i would say around 40 secs, about the same as marc's script.

Soldato
OP
is imagemagick better than gd? i'm fairly sure my webhosting with dreamhost support imagemagick as i installed phpbb3 ages ago, during the setup, it did say support imagemagick and gd = PASSED.

Soldato
OP
oops my mistake

that's what i got with your test.php

Array ( [0] => libxml [1] => xsl [2] => xmlwriter [3] => dom [4] => xmlreader [5] => xml [6] => tokenizer [7] => session [8] => pcre [9] => SimpleXML [10] => SPL [11] => PDO [12] => SQLite [13] => standard [14] => Reflection [15] => pspell [16] => posix [17] => pdo_sqlite [18] => pdo_mysql [19] => mysqli [20] => mysql [21] => mcrypt [22] => mbstring [23] => json [24] => imap [25] => iconv [26] => hash [27] => gettext [28] => gd [29] => ftp [30] => filter [31] => exif [32] => date [33] => curl [34] => ctype [35] => calendar [36] => zlib [37] => openssl [38] => cgi-fcgi [39] => Zend Optimizer )

Back
Top Bottom