Poll: Game of The Year 2016

Vote for your OcUK Game of the Year 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
My Opinion - PC Only (I don't use kids consoles, they are crap)

GOTY 2016 - Battlefield 1
Worst game of the year - Mafia 3 (1/10 for me)
Worst Steam Game of all time - Tie between Alien Col Marines & Mafia 3

Also worth a mention other good games, Doom 3, Xcom 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Day of the tentacle remastered, Witcher 3 Wild Hunt DLC. I could actually go on and on, but BF1 wins it for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Opinion - PC Only (I don't use kids consoles, they are crap)

GOTY 2016 - Battlefield 1
Worst game of the year - Mafia 3 (1/10 for me)
Worst Steam Game of all time - Tie between Alien Col Marines & Mafia 3

Also worth a mention other good games, Doom 3, Xcom 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Day of the tentacle remastered, Witcher 3 Wild Hunt DLC. I could actually go on and on, but BF1 wins it for me.

Dont forget to add no mans sky to the worst steam releases :D

Associate
Never tried no mans sky.

It's an odd one. Personally I enjoy it, especially for taking screenshots of the crazy worlds it generates - but it has too many frustrating game-play elements in need of refinement.

On topic - I think BF1 will fight it out with Doom for goty, perhaps Dishonoured 2 although I haven't played it myself.

It's very short but I'm going to throw Firewatch into the mix - a great mix of art style, humour & narrative.

Associate
Going to get some Microsoft haters here, but

Gears of War 4
Forza Horizon 3
Titanfall 2

All three are masterpieces on there own right, if I had to pick one I would go for Titanfall2. I bought it for its multiplayer, but I started the campaign by mistake (don't ask!) it gripped me in the way only Half Life and bioshock has done, it blew me away. I dismissed it as 'tacked on to please the masses' when I initially heard Titanfall 2 was getting a campaign, i was wrong, very wrong. Combine the amazing (but too short??) campaign along with a brilliant and FUN online, Titanfall 2 takes my Game of 2016

Soldato
XCOM 2 (the only game I've picked up this year apart from Fallout 4 (2015) and No Man's Sky which is nice enough I guess)

Or Space Pirate Trainer (Vive). That's fun

Soldato
FIFA 17 simply sublime, with the SP journey, and cutting edge graphics...

sorry cutting edge!
in my mind
cutting edge grass :D
well it made me lol

GOTY?
sorry for me nothing can be game of the year specially this year for me.
Theirs just nothing exciting T Hats Really different/ has a good story

Going through some of the Votes:
DOOM was good but not epic
BF1 is just copy/paste with tweaks
Divison is just same as any other shooter

im pretty sure people pick GOTY depending what they their playing right now. not what actaully deserves an award. game industry gives out to many wards.

Soldato
sorry cutting edge!
in my mind
cutting edge grass :D
well it made me lol

GOTY?
sorry for me nothing can be game of the year specially this year for me.
Theirs just nothing exciting T Hats Really different/ has a good story

Going through some of the Votes:
DOOM was good but not epic
BF1 is just copy/paste with tweaks
Divison is just same as any other shooter

im pretty sure people pick GOTY depending what they their playing right now. not what actaully deserves an award. game industry gives out to many wards.

Its easy to be caught up in what you are playing at the time, though I think most people can manage to think about what they've liked the most over the course of a year.

Also, I guess we may have different definitions of what GOTY means? Personally I'd say its the game that I consider to be the best this year, even if its been a poor year its still the game I consider to be the best out of everything I've played, it doesn't have to be one of the best games I've ever played to qualify.

Anyway, Blood and Wine for me, outstanding!

Back
Top Bottom