Poll: Game of The Year 2016

Vote for your OcUK Game of the Year 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Blimey, people sure are "touchy" on this forum at times :D :p

And yes they probably would and guess what, I wouldn't give a **** as that is their opinion ;)

Although mafia 3 was released in an awful state in terms of its performance and graphics, there is no opinion on that, only fact.

There is nothing wrong with having a bit of you know.... fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doom for me. It was perfect for what I expected from a modern day take on the series; a bunch of modern day features but with the same feel of the original. Great story, brilliant music, and the game-play, monsters and weapons were outstanding. I was really impressed with how optimised it is. The game looks so good and runs flawlessly. It was really refreshing to see when we're surrounded with launches like Arkham Knight, Dishonored 2, Bioshock Remastered and No Man's Sky of late.

The Division wasn't far behind, and although the game wasn't as groundbreaking as we all saw in the E3 videos (graphics were heavily toned down and the drone commander was removed), I still think it is a great game that I had a lot of fun with. I think if the game at launch was where they currently are with it I'd have put this as my GOTY, but it wasn't and there were issues like really poor AI, deserted and lifeless streets, and people hacking which soured it.

Caporegime
I know it's entirely subjective, but two votes for Mafia 3? Deary me. Was it the only game you played this year? :p One that consisted of meeting up with a guy to get info on another guy. Driving 1264 miles to kill three or four of that guy's mates to bring him out of hiding. Drive a further 895 miles to kill him. Rinse and repeat countless times for the entire game. Body count of about 30 thousand. More miles than a long-haul trucker that has worked all his life.

That list just shows how much of a truly terrible year it has been for gaming.

Associate
I know it's entirely subjective, but two votes for Mafia 3? Deary me. Was it the only game you played this year? :p One that consisted of meeting up with a guy to get info on another guy. Driving 1264 miles to kill three or four of that guy's mates to bring him out of hiding. Drive a further 895 miles to kill him. Rinse and repeat countless times for the entire game. Body count of about 30 thousand. More miles than a long-haul trucker that has worked all his life.

That list just shows how much of a truly terrible year it has been for gaming.

it is a poor list to be honest, I would find myself voting for tomb raider by default
EDIT: to be clear I mean the list of games releaseed in 2016 not just the selection in the poll

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Too many votes cast at this stage, so the list is the list.

No one is forcing anyone to vote but I'll remind everyone to be respectful when discussing :)

Soldato
Surprised to see no one has voted for Hitman yet...

I haven't played it yet, but I've definitely had my eye on it for a while - It seems to get constant praise, despite the episodic nature.

I can't make my mind up, out of the list of games on the poll - Haven't played a good few of them...

A little disappointed to see so few new IPs on there - So many sequels :(

Soldato
Apparently they are fixing it. But in the mean time I just played and completed it with a controller and it worked fine for me :)

Well they may fix it, but I'm not convinced and would have to wait and see. But tbh if they can't even get mouse movement right on a PC release then it's nil pois from me.

Associate
Tyranny was released this year and by all accounts seems to be an excellent rpg? Its not a big name admittedly so.....

Yeah it's excellent, better than pillars IMO. Story is great. It's shorter than i'd expected but still 1 of the best games this year.

My game of the year is Factorio though, it's not even close.

Soldato
None of the vote choices are particularly brilliant or memorable. I've found the more story-driven indie games have been far superior this year.

My top five would be:

• Oxenfree
  • Virginia
  • Pony Island
  • Firewatch
  • Owlboy

Soldato
I voted Doom but it does show how far gaming hasn't come. It's basically an old style with shiny new tacked on :p

In fact I would say the classics had much better level design!

I can't say I have played many of the others listed though tbf...

Interestingly 15 of the 20 titles are sequels (Inc Blood and Wine) by my reckoning as well.

Last edited:
Associate
this year was hard - compared to last year I had two games - with one just a hair over the other.....but those two games hands down were awesome.

this here been - good but Rise was good but had some issues - same Deus Ex - Doom was a lot of fun too.....but MP ****ed me off as it wasn't doom - yet it was also fun :)

Enjoying Dishonored 2 now - with Deus Ex - Blood and Wine I think just tips it in the end......

Soldato
Witcher 3 stays winning, a true masterpiece. Second place for me would go to Dishonored 2, I am playing it now and it is also an artwork. Third place will go to Hitman or Deus Ex, but I need to finish them first.

Associate
None of the vote choices are particularly brilliant or memorable. I've found the more story-driven indie games have been far superior this year.

My top five would be:

• Oxenfree
  • Virginia
  • Pony Island
  • Firewatch
  • Owlboy

Those are all on my christmas play list... i'm hoping to have 2 days to seriously devote to going through my steam list. Also going to pick up Shenzen I/O at some point.

Permabanned
It's a public vote. Click on the number of votes and it'll tell you :cool:

you infracted me for telling someone not be lazy, lol

gestapo mod

Dear Twirlywoos,

You have received an infraction at Overclockers UK Forums.

Reason: Other Rule Break
-------
Please watch your posting style, as it comes across as aggressive. We are trying to encourage a better community for everyone and there really isn't a need to attack someone for being lazy.

watch out people you are being "attacked" lmao

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom