Game Recording and editing software ?

Associate
i have allways used fraps to take screenshots and record some of my gaming, is there any better software for this ?

and what is a Good and easy editing software for my clips ? (i use windows movie maker)

thanks

Associate
I still use fraps aswell, as for video editing that depends on how much you can be bothered to learn (and sometimes pay) for the software.

I taught myself Sony Vegas a few years back now, and got very good on this, it si fairly easy to pick up just takes a bit longer to master.

You could try Adobe Premier, but i hate it, so personally choice.

There are a lot of other programs out there, but these would be your best bet to start on if you want to get a bit more advanced :)

At uni i only edit on Avid and love it loads, but dont get there yet :p

Permabanned
For MOHAA i use to use a TV-Card & iuVCR to record, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premier & Adobe After Effects to edit along with Virtual Dub to compress.

Soldato
Obs and premier pro ftw.

Lightworks is pretty sweet as well for a free legal alternative.

It depends on what you want to do with it really.

Edit: nvm just noticed the dates. Spam alert.

Soldato
Shadowplay and Shotcut but starting to learn Premier (just don't have the time at the moment).

I can see the benefits of OBS but until I get new CPU next year, I think the best I'm going to get is through Shadowplay - plus the system/game audio recording option is extremely useful, plus I only drop an average of 5fps.

Last edited:
Soldato
OBS Studio and Davinci Resolve. Both are free.

OBS Studio can use your Nvidia GPU for recording just like Shadowplay and has many many more features. I highly recommend it.

Having said that I use the latest version of Xsplit Broadcaster which isn't free but I think it is worth the money (it has pretty much all the features of OBS Studio plus some more which make setting up a stream / recording gameplay much nicer).

V F

V F

Soldato
OBS Studio and Davinci Resolve. Both are free.

OBS Studio can use your Nvidia GPU for recording just like Shadowplay and has many many more features. I highly recommend it.

Having said that I use the latest version of Xsplit Broadcaster which isn't free but I think it is worth the money (it has pretty much all the features of OBS Studio plus some more which make setting up a stream / recording gameplay much nicer).

Yeah, I tried it. It is nice. Doesn’t affect framerate or not that I was aware. Didn’t feel anything. It is also nice that I can set 1920x1200 cropped a little into 1920x1080 rather than Shadowplay GeForce Experience scaling it down with side black borders.

I really need to invest in game capture hardware though for both console and PC. Use a second PC... Get a mamoth hard drive but have Final Cut for editing. I’d prefer dedicated hardware so nothing would have any effect on input controls. The feeling as if you simply weren’t recording.

The PS4 capture compression is hideous. Let alone what Sharefactory does to it over and above the final outcome with Youtube.

Back
Top Bottom