Game(s) you cannot stop playing?

Soldato
Well I'll kick off with the Dark Souls series, particularly 1 & 3, I'm absolutely consumed by them! I go to play one of the latest "blockbusters" like Horizon, Nior, Mass Effect : Andromeda etc. and I play like 10 minutes and am completely bored as they just cannot compete with my desire to die time and time again!

All I can say is kudos to From Software who've made a truly epic trilogy, then you have Demon Souls(PS3 not hooked up) and Bloodbourne, all with the same grab factor!

So what game do you go back to time and time again? Is your habit as severe as mine? Any tips to withdraw from this addiction?

Soldato
Same as OP for me, souls 1 consumed me so bad that all other games shortly after just felt dull and uninteresting. Even today nothing grips me like that world did. Just looking out and seeing areas you can get to in the interconnected map was mind blowing to me. A shame souls never tried to match that again really

More recently Zelda on Switch. A lot of this was due to the nature of the console, being able to just grab it and resume from sleep mode while on the sofa etc allowed me to sink 70ish hours in without even realising. Most time I've spent on a game since souls really

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently H:ZD and Nier: Automata, so the two blockbusters you're slating:p

Compared to Dark Souls 3, they're not as technical, difficult etc. but I like faster combat when you can feel the hits/shots and Nier particularly is just a more unique experience that can't be compared.

Dark Souls 3 is quite a good game, I'm just long past the point when I get the kick out of spending hours learning how to fight and the combat just didn't do it for me in the end (though it's better than e.g. Witcher's, it's just that it's not really my style). I don't feel the game particularly excels in anything else than difficulty and some really fine locations. I guess that's more than enough if you happen to love the combat and the challenge.

I'd love to complete it as I see its appeal but I just don't have the time to get good at it when absorbed with games like Nier, Horizon and Zelda which I find to be better experiences overall. Not to mention I still have to finish Yakuza 0 (120h and counting, had a long break) which is one of the best games released in recent years IMO(and totally unique).

Soldato
For Honor keeps dragging me back at the moment..although I had a bit of a break for HZD.

It's just such a nice change from all the shooters/TPS games. Wish they'd get on with the ranked mode and stuff though..

Back
Top Bottom