Soldato
Age Of Empires 1 and 2
Diablo 1 and 2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Icewind Dale
C&C and Red Alert
Dungeon Siege
Empire Earth

I think all them work fine with a Geforce 4Ti I used to run them apart from Empire Earth with a Voodoo 3 3000. :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the suggestions. I got the graphics card today and the PC appears to be a bit dead. I've got Macbook coming soon so I'll give some of these a whirl via bootcamp :)

Man of Honour
WatchTower said:
Did anyone here have the Dual Sli Voodoo cards? I had a Voodoo 3 3000 and it did not have the SLi option.

Still do. :D

2 Righteous 3d 12mb Voodoo2's overclocked to 120mhz each. :eek:
100mhz was stock - these had 120mhz ram chips.

Superb cards. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
WatchTower said:
To see Deus Ex at it's best you have to play it on a Voodoo card. :D Funny but true it loved voodoo cards.

I disagree, Voodoo's prior to 4 only support 16bit (22bit, whatever...) colour in 3d so in fact you are much better off with a gf4ti. Out of the box, Deus Ex maybe doesn't perform great in opengl/d3d mode compared to glide, but get it patched up and install an updated ogl/d3d dll (from http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/ ) and it will give far superior performance and visuals to a voodoo card.

Remember that modern cards have enough power to run Deus Ex well even in d3d/ogl mode. I played it on a 9800pro and performance was fine in 1280x960 8x AF max settings for 99% of the game. The only area which was slow was standing in certain places of the Hong Kong nightclub viewing the whole area, where min fps dropped to 35. I'd be amazed if a voodoo could manage 20fps under those circumstances.

Soldato
The one thing that annoyed me about DX wasnt actually the 'game' itself, it was the HUD scaling (or lack there of).
Moving up the resolutions to 1024x768 saw the HUD scale with the res, but as soon as you go above 1024, the HUD just goes huge again.
I never did find a way to get a small hud when running the game at 1280or even a 1680.

Back
Top Bottom