1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Tower

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by kid_viciousss, Oct 12, 2017.

1. kid_viciousss

Associate

Hi, i need help and advice on building the best possible gaming tower with my budget of around 800-900 can push to 1000 if I really need to.

I am doing an HND in game design and really require something that can do what I need.

I do have a spare monitor but if you guy can squeeze one into the price that would be magic.

Thanks for your help!

2. mistersprinkles

Wise Guy

What programs will you be running? Can you link to their recommended specs plz? That will help a lot.

3. orbitalwalsh

Mobster

Seen a few posts recently of up coming games designers and renderers

I have a BA in Creative Computer Games Design - Swansea Uni when course like this in the UK started rolling out , only 2 at the time - and damn- mine was c*** haha , pretty much all we did was play Unreal Tourny in the lab room and beat them up in lecture theatre .
    You'll learn the 12 stages of a Hero's journey, and will ruin everything film for you, and you'll always look for flaws in games you'll play haha

I'm guessing it's 3D max unless Maya has improved , know it's better for animation then level design. Photoshop for UV maps and textures and Prem for video editing ?
    Not sure if unreal is still king of learning due to be free but I'm guessing you'll hit Unity Engine ?

Would recommend Intel - guessing you've seen your lab uses Intel and every studio at the moment - reason why games are optimised from the start for Intel .... Hopefully that will change

You need to source windows though...

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,016.41
    (includes shipping: £12.60)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And just to through Ryzen into the mix , next tier down GPU as well as being AMD to allow for extra screen with freesync

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £990.10
    (includes shipping: £15.30)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]