Garage Conversion (Office & Utility Room)

Hi @kai
Interested to know what sort of flooring you have? I'm moving on with my conversion and have just had the first fit electrics done. I won't be going for under floor heating, and will instead a WiFi panel heater on the wall, but can't decide if I should go for a wooden/vinyl/carpet/other flooring?
As a side question how have you found it now you've been in there a while? Anything you wish you'd done differently?

Hi @kai
Interested to know what sort of flooring you have? I'm moving on with my conversion and have just had the first fit electrics done. I won't be going for under floor heating, and will instead a WiFi panel heater on the wall, but can't decide if I should go for a wooden/vinyl/carpet/other flooring?
As a side question how have you found it now you've been in there a while? Anything you wish you'd done differently?

LVT. I would not pick anything else. We just had the entire house done - the stuff is bulletproof. I used: https://nwfloors.co.uk/cat/luxury-vinyl/luxury-vinyl-style/parquet-luxury-vinyl/

I spent a fair amount of time planning the office element as i work long hours. It was important the environment was comfy but had all the mod cons such as home automation. I might consider putting in a sky light at some point but its certainty not essential.

LVT. I would not pick anything else. We just had the entire house done - the stuff is bulletproof. I used: https://nwfloors.co.uk/cat/luxury-vinyl/luxury-vinyl-style/parquet-luxury-vinyl/

I spent a fair amount of time planning the office element as i work long hours. It was important the environment was comfy but had all the mod cons such as home automation. I might consider putting in a sky light at some point but its certainty not essential.

Hi @kai , thanks for the reply. I trust yuou are still enjoying your office? Thanks for the link on LVT, any issues/marking from office chair wheels or have you got a mat or something under it? If your interested, here is a link to my project thread.

Project: Garage Office/Workshop Thread | Overclockers UK Forums

Last edited:
Hi @kai , thanks for the reply. I trust yuou are still enjoying your office? Thanks for the link on LVT, any issues/marking from office chair wheels or have you got a mat or something under it? If your interested, here is a link to my project thread.

Project: Garage Office/Workshop Thread | Overclockers UK Forums

Yes, i love the office. Especially, since i have a 2 week old baby - I can escape from the house with no noise to work without distraction.

LVT wont mark or scratch. It has a 15 year commercial warranty. This is the sort of stuff used in large footfall shops etc. My Bulldog gives it a absolute hammering when playing. I have just had 55sqm laid in my living room as a parquet pattern.

1dUujuZ.png

Back
Top Bottom