Garage have wrecked my car

Associate
OP
No, no need to name and shame. I'm very happy with the outcome. I have a lower mileage engine and feel the garage have done everything they can to put it right.

Man of Honour
Seems like they did the right thing. All companies **** things up, they wanted to ensure it was their fault and when they saw it was they fixed it at no cost to the OP. That seems reasonable, naming and shaming would be out of order in my book.

Caporegime
I would say well done to the garage personally. They admitted to their mistake, took it on the chin, made the situation good, if not better than before and didn't even charge for the original work. It's not when things go normally that you find out how good a company is, it's when things go wrong.

Soldato
What after trying to wriggle out of it by messing him around with an engineers opinion?

why assume the worst ? they had an expensive accident and wanted to determine the cause. if they had came back with a report saying ''the parts where faulty'' they could claim OPs repairs from manufacturer or maybe a different level on their insurance. eg non fault. its not like they stalled him or made him wait ages for an engine swap either

Soldato
I would say well done to the garage personally. They admitted to their mistake, took it on the chin, made the situation good, if not better than before and didn't even charge for the original work. It's not when things go normally that you find out how good a company is, it's when things go wrong.

Agreed. It's not what you **** up, it's how you recover from it to the satisfaction of all parties that makes a lasting impression.

Soldato
Depending on the car that could put off a few buyers come resale time, you may not have done as well out of this as you may think. Time will tell I guess.

Back
Top Bottom