Gd has died

Capodecina
Soldato
Imagine how embarrassing and old we’d all be if we actually did a GD meet-up now...! Perhaps we could arrange a GD coach tour?

It's actually weird to think that 99.9% of people we speak to here we'll never meet, and never know properly. We'll just exist here and die here.

Well, we won't die here. People who've spent years posting will just one day disappear from the boards and won't log in again.

Soldato
I think it's the circle/stages of life.

When i was a kid, i did not have a worry in the world, i'll never be that old - yet here we are!

I find myself watching tv/movies and thinking, "he's dead/she's dead now" which is a reminder of my own mortality.

It's actually weird to think that 99.9% of people we speak to here we'll never meet, and never know properly. We'll just exist here and die here.

Well, we won't die here. People who've spent years posting will just one day disappear from the boards and won't log in again.

Very melancholy, but sums up where i am in life atm.

As for the forums, i still enjoy them and they are one of the few forums i visit daily. Some interesting and insightful posters, so while they are still here, i'll keep coming.

Soldato
What do you mean?

Just that i have now started to look at things from a different perspective. Instead of enjoying tv/movies to the full, i am identifying those that have now passed, reminding me that that we are not here for ever; just like posters here.

I look at my inlaws now and once they were grandparents, people we holidayed with, enjoyed a drink with, when i look at them now, i'm just wondering how long do we have left with them. Which makes me question my kids will be moving onto the next stage in their life, Uni etc. Of course kids moving on is a celebration, but that is tinged with sadness.

Friends, family, i attend more funerals than i do weddings these days. Reminding me that it will my turn soon.

Basically, time flies, you blink and you wonder where the time has gone.

V F

V F

Soldato
Just that i have now started to look at things from a different perspective. Instead of enjoying tv/movies to the full, i am identifying those that have now passed, reminding me that that we are not here for ever; just like posters here.

I look at my inlaws now and once they were grandparents, people we holidayed with, enjoyed a drink with, when i look at them now, i'm just wondering how long do we have left with them. Which makes me question my kids will be moving onto the next stage in their life, Uni etc. Of course kids moving on is a celebration, but that is tinged with sadness.

Friends, family, i attend more funerals than i do weddings these days. Reminding me that it will my turn soon.

Basically, time flies, you blink and you wonder where the time has gone.

Funny when you think of it how life feels long from 13 - 30 and after 30 it seems to feel like it accelerates.

Back
Top Bottom