Gd has died

Soldato
I wasn't going to post on here but I must say there has been some mindless drivel posted in GD over the last few weeks

Why is everyone so obsessed with gender and USA mass murders - both these subjects turn into mega pages of total rubbish.

I jacked a forum before I came on here (totally different subject) but it became ruled by a gobby minority who were the only ones who were right. - These were supposed to be upright citizens with no police record. I did pop on recently and it seems the Mods have really sorted out but I won't go back.

If it wasn't for the mine of information I can get on the other subjects then I would reduce my viewings on here.

Man of Honour
There's always been trashy type threads but they are what make GD a bit of fun.. and tbh, there haven't been enough.

I've certainly noticed that GD has become more political over that last few years. I don't think that's unique to GD or even these forums in general. The increase of "easier to access" social media over the last decade has meant people have become more publically open, opinionated and motivated than maybe they once were so posting has evolved. With so many different opinions, there naturally comes a point where people disagree and things get heated.

The forum isn't the same as it used to be and never likely to be. Things and people just move on.

It's good to see a return of a few "fun" threads which was one of the reason I got so involved in the earlier days:)

Associate
The issue with forum decline is that the membership have grown up (mostly) and become a bit boring or set in their ways.

Younger people do not use forums as their preferred form of social media. So there aren't any younger people posting about their latest shenanigans or miscellaneous clueless nonsense.

Recently I've installed Reddit and do enjoy a bit of doom scrolling. There are a lot of good threads but the quality of the contribution to these threads is terrible, half sentence replies etc. It's probably a good thing that these forums haven't been taken over with this posting style to be fair.

Man of Honour
Max Flight? It's a comfy saddle isn't it. best I've had so far.

Not sure which one but I also bought a Suntour SP12

selleseat.jpg

suntoursp12.jpg

Soldato
There's always been trashy type threads but they are what make GD a bit of fun.. and tbh, there haven't been enough.

I've certainly noticed that GD has become more political over that last few years. I don't think that's unique to GD or even these forums in general. The increase of "easier to access" social media over the last decade has meant people have become more publically open, opinionated and motivated than maybe they once were so posting has evolved. With so many different opinions, there naturally comes a point where people disagree and things get heated.

The forum isn't the same as it used to be and never likely to be. Things and people just move on.

It's good to see a return of a few "fun" threads which was one of the reason I got so involved in the earlier days:)

Forums in general aren't what they used to be one game studio has shut its forums and pushed everyone onto discord and social media which they seem to think is the future, I think its more they don't want the inconvenience of maintaining site/moderation and/or the cost. I've also heard people say forums are for "boomers". Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom