• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

V F

V F

Soldato
I believe you do have a 1000W platinum PSU yes? So take a deep breath plug the third connector to it, and don't turn on the central heating this winter.
You should be OK :p

Another good service by Nvidia. You warm your house while playing games during winter. No need for boiler and gas bills :p

These aren't space heaters anymore. :p

5870s would have heated my room up.

Associate
I believe you do have a 1000W platinum PSU yes? So take a deep breath plug the third connector to it, and don't turn on the central heating this winter.
You should be OK :p

Another good service by Nvidia. You warm your house while playing games during winter. No need for boiler and gas bills :p
You'll have to give advice on watercooling the card as you're an expert from taming your Vega 64 by watercooling it :p

Last edited:
Soldato
These draw as much power as Vega does?

edit:

Just googled it and 265W for the 2080Ti OC card and 326W in gaming mode for the Nitro Vega 64.

Which you know well, but not admitting it, that I am not nowhere near 300W with my Nitro.
Is counter productive to go to 326W with the Nitro even under water, because the performance and clocks plummeting.
And I know you are good on maths, so don't hide behind aphoristic posts. You know the settings I am using and you can do the maths :)

As for the 2080Ti OC that is the power consumption at stock clocks for the OC SKU . :)

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-sells-two-of-each-turing-gpu-(a-normal-and-oc-model).html

You'll have to give advice on watercooling the card as you're an expert from taming your Vega 64 by watercooling it :p

The card was working fine under air also my friend. The others in the Vega discussion using the same settings as mine at 270-280W, doing 26000+ Graphics on Firestrike even on Red Devils or Nitro on air. That performance cannot be achieved even with watercooled GTX1080 @ 2190 let alone on air which is impossible to achieve that overclock.

And I had that 1080 doing 2190 core, do you want my benchmark links? Because I had the fastest 1080 in here, and believe still have, having lost TimeSpy lead to an 11Gbps GTX1080
(mine was 10Gbps one), and last time checked was still top 1 on all the Firestrike Graphics scores across all GTX1080s. (as I do now with the Vega 64 - GTX1080 segment now with the former)

Also watercooling the Nitro, I barely saw any difference than on air other than on power save mode (176W cap). The performance of the card remained the same, as it doesn't throttle from 32C like all the Pascal cards. In addition the cooler doesn't fit in the new case (mITX) so custom water is the only solution.

Soldato
MY ATI 6990 was really good space heater and I also added another 6970 for tri fire at some point and
with old intel x58 platform, there must have been at leat 700w of heating right there together with a old dell 30" CCFL backlight lcd. I would sweat like it was running a marathon in the sahara desert. Never again, it bring back nightmares thinking about it :D

Soldato
That link shows the Nv nda under full flow, the review partners RTX reviews are going to suck imo.:(

Yeah. That is going to be funny. Especially when people are pre-ordering but they have no idea if it will be Normal SKU or OC SKU.

Which reminds, Nvidia applying Intel tactics here with the "K series" but without letting clearly the users knowing what they buy until GPUZ is used....

Back
Top Bottom