• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Associate
I hope Jensen's patented leather jacket is covered in eggs if he releases at those prices. Unfortunately we all know it'll be covered in another sticky, slimy substance regardless of price :(

Soldato
I imagine they have a few slide packs.

Based on internet sentiment up to the last minute will dictate what they price it at. ML and AI and stat modelling eat your heart out.
Nvidia probably would pull the same thing as some crazy property sellers do- ask for outrageous initial price, then gradually reduce the pricing until there are some interests appear.

Caporegime
I *realllllllllllllllly* want these prices to be real, absolutely balls-out crazy crazy stuff!!!

That's why they moved the Titan to nearly £3k, the Ti is taking it's old pricepoint place...

:D

Soldato
Eye watering prices if true, brought my 1070 for £294 in December 2016 and really can't justify to myself spending much more on a GPU when the BOM is probably $200 if that

Associate
Looking about i can snag Xbox One X, One Year Xbox Live, 1 year Game Pass, 1 year Netflix, 1 year Amazon Prime and a 43" HDR 4K TV for under £1100... or i can buy a 2080ti... of course i could scrap the Amazon Prime and Netflix and instead spend the saved £160 or so on games or a headset + controller etc... decisions getting tough... do i just upgrade the PC to play WoW and Grim Dawn at the max frame rate of my monitor, or do i just buy a complete Console setup and a years worth of subs and just forget PC gaming for now!

Associate
The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Is that where we are. Just repeating shock at the prices over and over and over expecting them to be cheaper? :)

They are expensive, we get it.

Soldato
So what will be the new price of the titan ? when a new one of them comes out

i would hate to think but definatly north of 3k, the rtx series seem to blow the 10 series and titan volta out of the water at least on paper, if the real world performance is equally good then prepare your rear end for a drilling if so :) and have a tonne of cash to drop on one

Caporegime
2080 clown card is our only hope haha

joker.png

Back
Top Bottom