• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce now ultimate - most impressive!

Caporegime
Decided to try this as a trial for £18 and also because cp update next week. Remember using it a while back ago, just the free tier for assassins creed odyssey and it was ok, didn't blow my socks of and noticed some loss in IQ.

But got to say, extremely impressed with the ultimate tier, noticed no latency issues at all as long as fps is 60/70 + fps. IQ is pretty much on point, couldn't notice any significant issues, essentially playing cp 2077 with ray tracing was overall just a better experience than playing natively on my 3080/5800x3d setup.

Oh and best of all, my pc doesn't even use the electricity thus no noise or extra heat, 3080 fans remain off :cry:

Frame generation is as good as all of the sites have stated too :cool: There is a slight latency increase (as we all know, the higher your base fps, the less noticeable the latency is, so definitely make sure you get 60 fps before enabling it), however, the extra smoothness gained is well worth it. Got to give credit where due, nvidia knocked it out of the park with frame gen.

RJ8LqcT.jpg

KRlxlgX.jpg

Vo0zKnQ.jpg

hW3PGS9.jpg

r0Tiuqc.jpg

k41bH2T.jpg

So yeah, £18 for a 4080, not bad :p @TNA Get yourself a bargain :D

Makes me want a 4090 now even more but I think this will tie me over till the 50xx series.

Biggest disadvantage will be lack of modding ability, however, I have read, if using steam games and mod workshop, it's fine.

Last edited:
Yeah, was a nice testdrive before i got my 4090. Was already subbed to ultimate since it was the only reliable way for me and my wife to play tf2 ( she’s on a m1 mac so since there is no native version of tf2 for it… yeah ).

It’s a great option for people to test 4xxx series features or simply to play with powerful cards if they dont have the money to spend on the physical products themselves.

Decided to try this as a trial for £18 and also because cp update next week. Remember using it a while back ago, just the free tier for assassins creed odyssey and it was ok, didn't blow my socks of and noticed some loss in IQ.

But got to say, extremely impressed with the ultimate tier, noticed no latency issues at all as long as fps is 60/70 + fps. IQ is pretty much on point, couldn't notice any significant issues, essentially playing cp 2077 with ray tracing was overall just a better experience than playing natively on my 3080/5800x3d setup.

Oh and best of all, my pc doesn't even use the electricity thus no noise or extra heat, 3080 fans remain off :cry:

Frame generation is as good as all of the sites have stated too :cool: There is a slight latency increase (as we all know, the higher your base fps, the less noticeable the latency is, so definitely make sure you get 60 fps before enabling it), however, the extra smoothness gained is well worth it. Got to give credit where due, nvidia knocked it out of the park with frame gen.

RJ8LqcT.jpg

KRlxlgX.jpg

Vo0zKnQ.jpg

hW3PGS9.jpg

r0Tiuqc.jpg

k41bH2T.jpg

Makes me want a 4090 now even more but I think this will tie me over till the 50xx series.

Biggest disadvantage will be lack of modding ability, however, I have read, if using steam games and mod workshop, it's fine.

Not my thing, but great option to have and I glad it is good enough for single player games.

Not even looked into how it works. But could be a decent way to game in the summer if one wanted? Lol.

Not my thing, but great option to have and I glad it is good enough for single player games.

Not even looked into how it works. But could be a decent way to game in the summer if one wanted? Lol.

Honestly would give it a try, genuinely wasn't expecting it to be as good as what it is. Read mixed reports on the other tiers but ultimate one is really good, as said, the whole experience on CP 2077 was better than my current pc.

But yeah huge plus for summer haha.

Reactions: TNA
Probably is an upgrade from DLSS performance mode tbh.

Well obviously a 4080 is going to provide better performance than a 3080 especially in RT so it's not surprising FPS is better.....

Point is the whole experience it provided is fantastic especially for those not wanting to pay the extortionate gpu prices from both amd and nvidia. I've got both a 55" 4k oled and 3440x1440 qd-oled screen so would notice if there was a big hit to IQ especially regarding bit rate, which would be very evident in darker areas but alas, it's great. I was expecting the latency to be pretty noticeable too but again, it's not. I have 1GB internet though so other peoples experience with lesser internet may suck.

KelDjOo.png

Ret9LNg.png

Lets put it this way, 4080/top end gaming experience at £18 a month works out to be £216 for a year or £432 for 2 years, not too bad. Either way, it's a good way for the nay sayers to get the experience of frame gen themselves and as most reviewers have stated, when your base fps is 60 + fps, it's a game changer and this is being streamed too.

One big downside/problem is if the game isn't on geforce now though.....

Last edited:
just joined GeForce ultimate, but I don’t understand my default resolution via the settings,
When I have put the GeForce app on my pc and nvidia shield I’m getting under 1080p via the pc and 4k/60 hdr via the shield, both are connected to my lg 4k oled.

Have ran the speed test via the GeForce settings app and that’s how I got the results, plus

I thought the highest settings you get from the ultimate tier are inputted into the games settings but when I check in the game settings they are all different,

I have 1gb internet so that’s not a problem

Last edited:
Well it's probably 1000x better than the Xbox cloud gaming in it's current beta form. I recently upgraded to a 900mbps connection and it's still a pixelated blurry mess! Good enough for simple games like Golf with Friends, however.

£18 for a month to rent a 4080 virtually... vapourware really has moved up in the world.. Better to stick the £18+ into a jar each month and save for the 50 series or the 4090 second hand by then.

rws3VKP.jpg

£18 for a month to rent a 4080 virtually... vapourware really has moved up in the world.. Better to stick the £18+ into a jar each month and save for the 50 series or the 4090 second hand by then.

rws3VKP.jpg

Ignoring the fact you havent considered the economics of leasing over owing did you do the maths on how long it would take to save to buy a 4090 at 18 a month?

Ignoring the fact you havent considered the economics of leasing over owing did you do the maths on how long it would take to save to buy a 4090 at 18 a month?
that an upgrades are free techincally

if you consider how much we spend on our computers
say we upgrade our pcs every 5 years thats 1500-3000 every 5 years
or 1080 pound for geforce now or 1020 if you get 6 month deal
you could buy a dumb mini-pc & every 10 years.... & still be cheaper

its very interesting, its one way to get Fully quiet system which i been wanting for years

Last edited:
Sounds cool! When was the last time it was possible to sign up for a month or try for free? Not going to drop into a 6 month sub without knowing how well it works!

I don't see how this tech would even work with VR gaming, anything over 11ms is an issue already for frame generation and I can't see how cloud gaming does anything other than add to that latency

I don't see how this tech would even work with VR gaming, anything over 11ms is an issue already for frame generation and I can't see how cloud gaming does anything other than add to that latency
think of it this way

scenerio one
your gamer
You build your pc every 5 years?
say you spend 1500 - medium tier gaming rig
in 5 years geforce now would be 1080 but for a Top tier gaming rig

scenerio two
your gamer
You build your pc every 3 years?
say you spend 2500 - medium/high tier gaming rig
in 3 years geforce now would be 600 but for a Top tier gaming rig all the time

scenerio three
your gamer
say you spend 3500-4000 - top high tier gaming rig
in 3 years geforce now would be 600 but for a Top tier gaming rig

you never have to upgrade
you can buy a 300 NUC mini-pc for everything day to day
no heating bills
no electric billl to run a 3080
no upgrades
generally less fiddling rquired

say you have to spend 30 extra a month on GOOD internet thats 360 pound per year or 1080 for 3 years or 1800 for 5 years
for scenerio 2 & 3 your still cheaper & your have possibly 1GB Firbe for your family & your enjoyment on top of good Gaming

could argue for games like Battlefield/Fortnite, yes latency is higher to you, BUT your Gaming rig is closer to server (it could be in the same datacentre in the same rack network)

im going to give it ago i have a NVidia shield in every room', a their the best Smart TV device so i could game in anyroom..

Code:
Recommended for GeForce NOW Ultimate Membership

GeForce NOW requires at least 45Mbps for streaming up to 3840x2160/3456x2160 at 120 FPS, at least 35Mbps for streaming up to 3840x1440/2560x1440 at 120 FPS for most iMacs or 3840x1600/2560x1600p at 120 FPS for most MacBooks, and at least 35Mbps for up to 1920x1080 at 240fps. We also recommend a hardwired Ethernet connection, or a 5GHz wireless router. Please read this knowledge base article for more information.

Note: GeForce NOW Ultimate memberships are not available in all data centers. Please check the Service status website for more details.

Last edited:
GeForce NOW requires at least 45Mbps for streaming up to 3840x2160/3456x2160 at 120 FPS, at least 35Mbps for streaming up to 3840x1440/2560x1440 at 120 FPS for most iMacs or 3840x1600/2560x1600p at 120 FPS for most MacBooks, and at least 35Mbps for up to 1920x1080 at 240fps. We also recommend a hardwired Ethernet connection, or a 5GHz wireless router. Please read this knowledge base article for more information.

but at what latency that is the key here? last time I checked its a good 90-100ms just for the network to send packets to East coast US from the UK and then you have to add the render time on top of that.

That leaves the scenario of being suitable for single player puzzle games, building and submarine simulators....

Yes its a fair point that cloud gaming could bring you closer to multiplayer servers, but the difference is atm the client compensates for that where as if you are waiting for your frames based on the input controls then you're going to notice that very quickly imho.... You would need data centers at a city level or advances in quantum computing/networking to overcome these limitations is my view

but at what latency that is the key here? last time I checked its a good 90-100ms just for the network to send packets to East coast US from the UK and then you have to add the render time on top of that.

That leaves the scenario of being suitable for single player puzzle games, building and submarine simulators....

Yes its a fair point that cloud gaming could bring you closer to multiplayer servers, but the difference is atm the client compensates for that where as if you are waiting for your frames based on the input controls then you're going to notice that very quickly imho.... You would need data centers at a city level or advances in quantum computing/networking to overcome these limitations is my view

Indeed, and like Google hilarious attempt, I would take the bandwidth requirements with a monumental amount of salt.

they have a datacenter in each major city across the globe for example theirs 4 nodes in london

close nodes 4 in london 4 in paris

Last edited:
think of it this way

scenerio one
your gamer
You build your pc every 5 years?
say you spend 1500 - medium tier gaming rig
in 5 years geforce now would be 1080 but for a Top tier gaming rig

scenerio two
your gamer
say you spend 2500 - medium/high tier gaming rig
in 3 years geforce now would be 600 but for a Top tier gaming rig all the time

scenerio three
your gamer
say you spend 3500-4000 - top high tier gaming rig
in 3 years geforce now would be 600 but for a Top tier gaming rig

you never have to upgrade
you can buy a 300 NUC mini-pc for everything day to day
no heating bills
no electric billl to run a 3080
no upgrades
generally less fiddling rquired

say you have to spend 30 extra a month on GOOD internet thats 360 pound per year or 1080 for 3 years or 1800 for 5 years
for scenerio 2 & 3 your still cheaper & your have possibly 1GB Firbe for your family & your enjoyment on top of good Gaming

could argue for games like Battlefield/Fortnite, yes latency is higher to you, BUT your Gaming rig is closer to server (it could be in the same datacentre in the same rack network)

im going to give it ago i have a NVidia shield in every room', a their the best Smart TV device so i could game in anyroom..

Code:
Recommended for GeForce NOW Ultimate Membership

Note: GeForce NOW Ultimate memberships are not available in all data centers. Please check the Service status website for more details.

scenario four
You play competitive fps or fighting games.
you get smashed about the house and lose most games you play due to increased latency :p

Back
Top Bottom