• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G

Associate
OP
There will be signs it's been tampered with and at that point they will just send you the card back saying "Sorry you messed around with it".

Also as Alt0153 said, There are other issues besides the 1 fan, A 108'c hotspot temp is not normal for a watercooled card, It means there's something wrong either with the pump or it's not seated correctly.

Isn't that because the fan isn't working?

Associate
OP
For those who have this card or have owned MSI GPUs - do they not allow the cooler to be removed to apply paste or to replace the stock fans or thermal pads? Wouldn't this fall under maintannce?

Associate
For those who have this card or have owned MSI GPUs - do they not allow the cooler to be removed to apply paste or to replace the stock fans or thermal pads? Wouldn't this fall under maintannce?
pretty much none of them allow you to do this, does it have a warranty void sticker on screws anywhere? i dont see why you are so willing to take apart a 2k gpu and risk is still being ****** than just send it back for replacement under warranty

Soldato
Isn't that because the fan isn't working?

The fan underneath the card will be to cool things like the mosfets, The GPU silicon itself is cooled by the AIO attached to the card and with a temp of 80'c in furmark on a watercooled card means something is wrong. It should be in the 50'c range at the most, Maybe 60'c if the room it's in is warm and not well ventilated.

My educated guess would be either that the pump is not mounted properly, Or maybe there wasn't enough thermal paste but something's definitely wrong.

Last edited:
Associate
this is from a video i found, your card is cooking itself alive

hakxi2P.png

Associate
Send it back, those temps and the clock throttling are hugely concerning and I very much doubt related to one fan alone being borked. Not worth the risk of tampering with it at all.

Last edited:
Associate
A week? Have MSI improved their RMA recently? The two RMAs I’ve done with MSI took nearly 8 weeks each :p

Even still, I’d agree, don’t void the warranty on a 2k GPU

Soldato
I have the same 4090 Suprim X Liquid and barely see temps higher than 50c.
I've never actually checked to see if/when the fan on the GPU spins as temps are so good. (I'll check today)

As previously stated, normally if you so much as turn one screw by 1mm you void the warranty. As it's a few months old your warranty is dealt with by the retailer so shouldn't take as long as if you were dealing with MSI directly.

What are your temps like outside of Furmark?

Last edited:
Soldato
You can see that on my GPU the fan spins when the GPU is only at 47%.
I understand you not wanting to be without the GPU for an unknown period of time but if you haven't RMA'd your GPU yet then I strongly advise you to do so as there seems to be more going on with it than just the temperamental fan.

53591050401_77cb42f8ea_b.jpg

53591496010_4423e3c310_z.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hello everyone.

The issue is now fixed. :)

It was an issue with the rear block retention bracket, it was causing uneven distribution of the CPU block, just swapped it out and not exceeding 60 now even on full whack.

Thank you to everyone for their help.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello everyone.

The issue is now fixed. :)

It was an issue with the rear block retention bracket, it was causing uneven distribution of the CPU block, just swapped it out and not exceeding 60 now even on full whack.

Thank you to everyone for their help.

Really glad you got it sorted though when you say "rear block retention bracket" have you got a picture of exactly what you swapped out?

Back
Top Bottom