Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 254 41.6%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 83 13.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 31 5.1%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

• Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 25 4.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

• UKIP

Votes: 129 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
The seven way leadership debate has happened so let's see if that changes anything. This is a chance to indicate your voting intentions and in a slight change from the first thread now includes a do not intend to vote/will spoil ballot option.

It covers all parties who currently have at least one seat in the House of Commons but if you're going to vote for another party that isn't listed then you can indicate that with the "other" option and explain (or not). It's anonymous so unless you want to say who you're voting for there's no need to post it.

The options in alphabetical order are are:
Alliance Party of Northern Ireland
Conservative
Democratic Unionist Party
Green Party
Labour
Liberal Democrat
Not voting/will spoil ballot
Other party (not named)
Plaid Cymru
Respect Party
Scottish National Party
Social Democratic and Labour Party
Sinn Fein
UKIP

The poll runs for 7 days from today, after that point there might be another poll to see if the voting intentions change.

Round 1 of the polling.

Posted by Moses: Whereas Miliband will be at the mercy of his lefty MPs and the SNP, if he's Prime Minister...
Granted, having said that i'm an Englishman who likes the SNP, i also like the LibDems, so i'm in the minority and i'm ok with that... maybe its because i'm not in London?

The Conservative party go on about how good we now have it and its all thanks to them.

If they get in they will go back how bad things are and thats why they have to put VAT up, more Stealth Taxes and cut benefits for working families who are already struggling and paying 62% of their earnings into the Tax System.

Last edited:
Did no one else notice that Miliband cannot speak English? He kept saying "If I was Prime Minister..." when correct English is "If I were Prime Minister..."

If they get in they will go back how bad things are and thats why they have to put VAT up, more Stealth Taxes and cut benefits for working families who are already struggling and paying 62% of their earnings into the Tax System.
And you have proof of this, of course? Rather than just political bias.

I grew up in an incredibly safe Conservative constituency. After university, I lived in a variety of very safe Labour constituencies in London.

I've now moved to what was the most marginal constituency in the country at the last election. Regardless of who I vote for, I'm just glad my vote counts for once. :)

Does anyone have a take on the whole debt/deficit situation?

Cameron's saying we've got it under control but we need to carry on cutting. Milliband's saying we could spend/tax a bit more and still be fine. Clegg saying we should be somewhere in the 'middle'. Then according to Farage we haven't even made an impact on the deficit and are still overspending. Then there's the SNP/Greens claiming we don't need to worry about it and that we should stop austerity and carry on as before.

Can anyone find any evidence to backup their statements as they all seem to be contradicting each other!

:confused:

I'm repeating this comment from the earlier thread but I think it warrants further discussion!

Someone replied with this so I'll post any thoughts I have once I've read and tried to make sense of it!

Currently contemplating voting for Labour but could be swayed :)

Goberpiles316

Best link BBC site Feb 2014 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25944653

Last edited:
Does anyone have a take on the whole debt/deficit situation?

Cameron's saying we've got it under control but we need to carry on cutting. Milliband's saying we could spend/tax a bit more and still be fine. Clegg saying we should be somewhere in the 'middle'. Then according to Farage we haven't even made an impact on the deficit and are still overspending. Then there's the SNP/Greens claiming we don't need to worry about it and that we should stop austerity and carry on as before.

Can anyone find any evidence to backup their statements as they all seem to be contradicting each other!

No party of government will eliminate the deficit across the whole economic cycle (boom to bust). The Tories will have a small surplus when in good times, but run big deficits when in recession. Labour will run big deficits when in good times and bigger deficits (with cuts to services) when in recession.

To cut a long story short the country is as likely to reduce its debts as its people are. Which is to say, not at all. Does that cause us any harm? Seemingly not. Should we care? A little, political rhetoric has an effect on the interest we pay on debts as they mature, which does really remove money from public services, but it's just talk really.

After watching the debate, the feeling I walked away with was of ' not a leader among them'.
They all seemed pretty vacant stood there.

to much spin doctors and pr killing any personalities they have.

similar thing happens to racing drivers when they hit formula one, they turn into corporate robots and lose all personality that made them popular in the first place

Cameron can blatantly make election promises etc that never happen and still be taking seriously.

just shows how crap our choices are.
you know if he gets elected the same will happen again, although maybe since he wasn't actually elected he sees it as a get out clause from his promises you know like rich people and taxes any loop holes a goal

Last edited:
milibands biggest issue is he doesn't seem like a person who can lead how the hell did he end up in charge of the labour party?

he can't be the best they have

No party of government will eliminate the deficit across the whole economic cycle (boom to bust). The Tories will have a small surplus when in good times, but run big deficits when in recession. Labour will run big deficits when in good times and bigger deficits (with cuts to services) when in recession.

To cut a long story short the country is as likely to reduce its debts as its people are. Which is to say, not at all. Does that cause us any harm? Seemingly not. Should we care? A little, political rhetoric has an effect on the interest we pay on debts as they mature, which does really remove money from public services, but it's just talk really.

Indeed.

As far as deficit goes:

Conservatives plan to get into a small surplus by end of next parliament, with cuts initially.

Labour plan to get to budget neutral, but with a caveat, anything they spend on capital projects and capital investment to them doesn't count towards budget deficit.

I am frankly amazed this hasn't been lit upon by everyone. They can spend 10s of billions, and as labour governments generally do, waste 10s on billions on projects which may or may not every make it to completion, or to existence.

Either way they won't count any money spent this way in getting to their alleged 'neutral'. So when we arrive at the next turn to vote, if its been labour, we will be spending as much as we earn, but we will likely have a much larger overall amount on the credit card. If I can't pay my mortgage, I don't see a way to solve that issue as building an extension in the hope someone rents the extra room I build.

Dunno, i worry labour will just hike taxes for middle earners to fund everything else and they will just waste money left right and centre. I'd probably go for the current lot, even though they're not much better.

This is why capitalism and our economic system is utterly broken. We should just wipe everything and start again

Wish we could vote for the government we have now. Be happiest if it was condems again. Just marginally better than the rest. They're all terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom