Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 254 41.6%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 83 13.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 31 5.1%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

• Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 25 4.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

• UKIP

Votes: 129 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the reason the country is in so much debt is because of labour, the reason so many immigrants loved coming here because of labour..

Without pulling out of Europe I think the conservatives are doing all they can with immigration, no Benefits for 4 year which only brings in workers..

I wish all the unemployed British people could have been trained up instead of being replaced by an immigrant but the damage is done, started by Labour..

I've always voted Labour but a cut in tax I think does really help me personally and a lot of others, so I'll probably vote con..

I like where they stand regarding asylum seekers too, help them in their camps but not in this country that is already pushed with its population and public services..

People in the north-east will probably still vote labour but when labour were last in all they did is hand out benefits and really didn't do all that much for this part of the UK regarding young workers.. they helped the older generation and people on benefits.. and if they get in I can only assume that's the type of people that still live here..

I mostly associate with the Conservatives but their unthinking acceptance of too many corporatist and technocractic dogma''s like, the benefits of the EU, unwillingness to truly reform the financial sector and adherence to loopy green orthodoxy makes them a No for me. My vote is worthless in my constituency the entire Parliamentary Labour Party could be exposed as satanists and they'd be returned returned with 60% of the vote. But even if that weren't the case I would vote UKIP because I genuinely believe we should leave th EU, for our own economic and democratic well being. I don't believe UKIP can win more than a handful of seats but a decent national showing say 10+% will give them some political clout and even Lords representation.

By the way, you're daft if you think it'll be wiped clean and start again. If that day ever arrives, god forbid. It'll be wiped for them. Not for the ordinary people. Rules for us, none for them.

Exactly. Even if an entire currency like the pound/Dollar/etc collapsed and the value it was decimated rich people will still have all their wealth tied up in property, shares and other hard assets.

The people hit hardest by recessions and austerity will be the poor as always unfortunately.

Where I live you could stick a blue rosette on a dog turd it would still get voted for, so I don't think i'll bother as it makes not one jot of difference.

Probably voting labour. Hate the conservatives with a passion, unless you earn above 150k they couldn't care less. "We're all in this together", lol. Maybe another millionaires tax cut, meanwhile raising costs for everyone.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a Labour + SNP coalition that will end austerity, start making long term investments to fuel growth and get Britain back to the EU leaders table.

The SNP have shot themselves in the foot by saying that they wouldn't work with the Conservatives. Labour would hold all of the power if it ever came to a Labour/SNP coalition.

Does anyone have a take on the whole debt/deficit situation?

The austerity implemented by the Tories was a complete and utter failure:

https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/sites/default/files/documents/clinmed-124-p346-350-mckee.pdf

In fact, every country in the EU that implemented austerity measures suffered from either negative growth or stagnation. As you can see in the graph on the second page, the US (in which a stimulus plan was implemented - ie. extra spending) saw weak but steady growth while the UK stagnated. Furthermore, the austerity measures not only failed to decrease the national debt, they increased its rate of growth.

Long term investment in the public sector, what about the private ?

What about it? Can you elaborate?

Last edited:
Nicola Sturgeon ✔ @NicolaSturgeon
Follow
.@simon_telegraph your story is categorically, 100%, untrue...which I'd have told you if you'd asked me at any point today

It is an Official government document. She can't deny it. It is just an image portrayed to maximise the amount of seats she takes from Labour. This doesn't support her cause in gaining seats, but it does support her to have a figure that is easy to generalise against and she doesn't feel Miliband is able to be PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom