Poll: General election voting poll round 3

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 286 40.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 56 7.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 122 17.3%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 38 5.4%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 29 4.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 129 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think it will be a hung parliament again with labour or conservatives being the 'main' party. Therefore will be voting conservative, I do not agree with every policy especially over the economy but I trust the conservatives a lot more with the economy than I do the current labour party.

Soldato
lib dem

I struggle to see what they've actually done wrong during this parliament compared to other parties. Conservatives have played them very well although very unfairly

Lib Dems are still a good mediator, have done some good things this parliament (tax breaks and getting a referendum on our broken democracy, although let down by the media) and now have real world experience too so have lots of lessons learned to act upon.

Students technically paying back more is bad, but its on nicer terms and nearer the graduate tax that lib dems proposed anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
These threads remind me of the EU. Keep voting until it's the way we want it. Waste of band width.

Snapshot! when's your film coming out? "a bit of fun" if asking the same thing over and over again maybe you should join the police force?

Nothing wrong with the other one. But it does remind me why I want to leave the EU :)

I think deuse is taking this far too seriously.

Associate
To be honest , I'm pretty much flitting and floating atm , Ive had enough of the conservatives if not purely for there ignorant policy's on the Internet . Pandering to the Un or illinformed . I'd like to vote labour , but feel it's another vote for mr Blairs Europe indirectly . I'm Mr joe blogs , earning an average wage in a pretty average job . Not one appeals to me

Last edited:
Soldato
The fail English, use of buzz phrases, and the lack of substance makes me think it's fair to assume that.

Oh look, literally five seconds of Googling leads to this,

http://commonslibraryblog.com/2014/...oes-this-mean-the-end-of-british-sovereignty/

---

And on the Tory £1m help for rich people, or however it's being portrayed. It's not really that big a deal, is it? Considering the level at which the inheritance tax threshold changed hasn't kept up with house rises, right? That rings a bell. Anyway, it's effectively raising the threshold from £325k to £500k.

It was Iain Dale's name being put in conection to the passage that I found interesting mr presumptive, why should I do any googling to engage you in a discussion you'd plopped into figuring you knew what I found interesting in a post, you've gone down a measure in my eyes by the way you've conducted your little presumptive diatribe.

Soldato
Oh come on. It was blatantly a load of rubbish. A name being thrown in there shouldn't con anyone with a brain.

Googling his name and 'qualified majority voting' brings up this,

http://www.iaindale.com/posts/2014/06/02/could-the-eu-block-an-in-out-referendum-in-britain

So he probably asked some people about it on his radio show. To pretend that makes it 'from him', as though some BBC employee has found evidence of a shocking secret, is hilarious.

It didn't con me.

Caporegime
I mentioned in the thread which was closed this morning that Osborne got torn a new one this morning by Andrew Marr. I'm pleased to say someone has uploaded it to youtube so you all can enjoy it :)

Permabanned
I mentioned in the thread which was closed this morning that Osborne got torn a new one this morning by Andrew Marr. I'm pleased to say someone has uploaded it to youtube so you all can enjoy it :)

I can find Labour MP's in equally embarrassing interviews.

They all do it!

Caporegime

I'm getting really tired of people overselling "car crash" interviews during this election campaign. Osborne dodged the question - and as chancellor he should be the man with his finger most closely on the numbers - but that is all. It's not exactly a "car crash"; it's also makes for a pretty poor interview. We learnt that Osborne wasn't going to hand over the numbers within the first two minutes, why waste another four minutes banging the same drum when we could have learnt more from it? Andrew Marr used to be one of the beeb's best interviewers because he didn't sink to these Paxman-style levels; I hope it's just a glitch.

(As an aside, it's sad to see Andrew Marr still suffering such obvious physical effects of his stroke. I guess there's not much chance of a full recovery now but at least he's been able to come back to work).

Soldato
Snapshot! when's your film coming out? "a bit of fun" if asking the same thing over and over again maybe you should join the police force?

Nothing wrong with the other one. But it does remind me why I want to leave the EU :)
Do you even know how polls work?, having multiple tracks changes in opinion.

If you think this is some underhanded attempt to get a different result for some nefarious motive then you both paranoid & deluded.

Caporegime
I'm getting really tired of people overselling "car crash" interviews during this election campaign. Osborne dodged the question - and as chancellor he should be the man with his finger most closely on the numbers - but that is all. It's not exactly a "car crash"; it's also makes for a pretty poor interview. We learnt that Osborne wasn't going to hand over the numbers within the first two minutes, why waste another four minutes banging the same drum when we could have learnt more from it? Andrew Marr used to be one of the beeb's best interviewers because he didn't sink to these Paxman-style levels; I hope it's just a glitch.

(As an aside, it's sad to see Andrew Marr still suffering such obvious physical effects of his stroke. I guess there's not much chance of a full recovery now but at least he's been able to come back to work).

I too dislike the term 'car crash' but it's a bit more significant than you make out. Imagine if Labour promised an £8bn unfunded budget increase for the NHS, what would Osborne be saying about that? Marr was right to continue to press him, something is going on with the Conservative campaign - this announcement was very unlike Osborne and he didn't put up a particularly effective defence.

Caporegime
I too dislike the term 'car crash' but it's a bit more significant than you make out. Imagine if Labour promised an £8bn unfunded budget increase for the NHS, what would Osborne be saying about that? Marr was right to continue to press him, something is going on with the Conservative campaign - this announcement was very unlike Osborne and he didn't put up a particularly effective defence.

Absolutely he didn't. But we learned that within the first two minutes; we didn't learn anything more from the next four minutes of asking the same thing. Change tack and the interviewer can move on and cover more ground. There really is nothing to gain from this kind of repetition.

Permabanned

A bit like this then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom