Poll: General election voting poll round 3

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 286 40.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 56 7.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 122 17.3%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 38 5.4%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 29 4.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 129 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Lib dems has lost mine.
I think I'll be a conservative until the ****storm of an economic crisis is over.

Literally this; they've proved (mostly) that they've been capable of pulling us out so far. A change of tack could be highly dangerous, so I think it's better to stick with the devil you know. Also some of the policies they've just announced (Help to Buy ISA, 1 million inheritance allowance etc) are highly relevant to me and my family, being the solid middle class that we are. Now where've my gillet and my cummerbund gotten to?

Caporegime
Absolutely he didn't. But we learned that within the first two minutes; we didn't learn anything more from the next four minutes of asking the same thing. Change tack and the interviewer can move on and cover more ground. There really is nothing to gain from this kind of repetition.

You might find out what's going on.

Caporegime
You might find out what's going on.

When has that ever happened?

It's showboating by the interviewer; nothing more. When Paxman did it to Michael Howard in 1997 it might have had novelty value now it's just tired and old. Had Marr moved on to tackling Osborne's plan to hand extra money to the already rich through inheritance tax cuts or how exactly he plans to slash the welfare budget further, we might have learned something. As it was, we didn't learn anything; he didn't even take Osborne to task on his false claims about NHS funding during the next parliament or the problems with the Tories oft-repeated a penny in every pound line.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hang on a sec. Osborne is saying an extra £8bn a year for the NHS and using the fact that he's found an extra £7bn for the NHS in this parliament (aka an "extra" £1.4bn a year) as a basis?

Soldato
I've got no excuse this time- the voting station is literally 50ft from my house now! lol

Will have to be conservative - I don't agree with all they say but more of what they have done for the economy so although it is not perfect it is getting us out of the mess that Labour got us into. The likes of UKIP will never get my vote because they are untrustworthy. They spend more time in the paper about how they've scammed things and I just don't like the type of people they are. I don't want someone like that representing the UK and me. That's also why I don't like Labour - dunno what I don't like about him but I just do not like Ed Milliband.

No other parties really come close. The SNP it would be interesting to see if they will make Uni free for all in the UK to balance the nation or start charging Scottish students a bit and reducing the amount for the rest of the UK.

Soldato
Is there any source of information around how all the parties are going to pay for all these things they say they are going to do. There seems to be plenty of "we'll do this, we'll do that" but not much on the cuts that will be involved to pay for it all.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Can we make the next poll a public poll? I want to see who's voting Plaid Cymru :p

Permabanned
Is there any source of information around how all the parties are going to pay for all these things they say they are going to do. There seems to be plenty of "we'll do this, we'll do that" but not much on the cuts that will be involved to pay for it all.

Labour are going to put an increased levy on the banks.

They will raise £2.5 billion form the Mansion Tax.

They have also committed to "no extra borrowing" whatever that means.

Associate

Borrow more money and print more money would be my guess. :D

The government would never do something sensible like cutting the number of MP's, scrapping the House of Lords, Welsh Assembly, Scottish Parliament and Royal Family which would save billions.

Last edited:
Soldato
I struggle to see what they've actually done wrong during this parliament compared to other parties. Conservatives have played them very well although very unfairly

Lib Dems are still a good mediator, have done some good things this parliament (tax breaks and getting a referendum on our broken democracy, although let down by the media) and now have real world experience too so have lots of lessons learned to act upon.

Students technically paying back more is bad, but its on nicer terms and nearer the graduate tax that lib dems proposed anyway

I agree generally and I would have voted for them if my seat wasnt one of the stronger Con's in the country. You will find however that the most vocal Lib support last time round were students looking for no tuition fees, when they were brought into the coalition none of these people realise how coalitions work and were subsequently outraged when it didn't happen.

Most seem to be flipping to the Green Band wagon due to the disappointment on this single issue from what my "social media" appears to show.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
All I know is I am better off now than I was 5 years ago, others may have been better but that's an unknown.

Correlation doesn't equal causation though. For all you know, you might have been even better off with a Labour Government than a Conservative.

Associate
Life long, very much a working class, Tory voter. Over the years I've seen Lab screw up the economy too many times, & You Kip if you want to. Take away Nige's pint & fag + waffle, there wouldn't be a lot left but a two trick pony.

Permabanned
Life long, very much a working class, Tory voter. Over the years I've seen Lab screw up the economy too many times, & You Kip if you want to. Take away Nige's pint & fag + waffle, there wouldn't be a lot left but a two trick pony.

Problem is you can't blame Labour for the likes of Lehman Brothers packaging up debt, giving it a AAA rating and then selling it on.

Can you tell me what Labour should have done about the US sub prime market?

Caporegime
You'll hear the same thing about City deregulation except people will ignore that the Tories didn't oppose it, and maybe a comment about the price of gold as though that would have seen us through.

No UK government is responsible for a global recession, and the Tories have now changed their tune from "blame Labour" to "it was a global crisis" when talking about their deficit reduction targets that have been missed by miles.

This isn't to say that if the roles were reversed that Labour wouldn't have also played the exact same blame game. They are all as bad as each other.

Soldato
what you can blame labour on, is a phoney wmd claim for iraq war and being usa 51st state of meerka.

Edward Milliband to be our Priminister? really? that's the best labour can do? just anything other than that. seriously, anything is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom