Poll: General election voting poll round 3

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 286 40.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 56 7.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 122 17.3%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 38 5.4%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 29 4.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 129 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Vote with your convictions. Tactical voting leads to the same two parties staying in power and ignoring the electorate. Every vote will give the green party more credibility for the future and others more confidence to vote for them next time. :)

icon14.gif

Parties also get Short money from votes (£27.99 for every 200 votes).

That is why i am still undecided The green party is growing strongly and it would be great to increase support further. but my vote will be in Scotland and voting labour may help block the SNP.

Interesting, the SNP must have some policies you are strongly against then because the Greens and SNP are broadly similar. Independence?

Caporegime
Out of curiosity has anybody changed who they are voting for? (I mean genuinely, not pretending you were going to vote for X, but because of A, B & C you are now voting for Y - as a soundboard)

Nearly, last week I was on the verge of switching from UKIP to Labour but Farage's speech in Grimsby reassured me.

Soldato
Within this election or in general?

Within this election I have been firmly Green, last election i voted Conservative, before that labour.

I might vote tactically though, which likely means labour but possibly lib dems if I can find some good evidence for recent polling.
I'm in a similar situation myself, it's between the Lib-dems & Conservatives in my area - with the prospect of the Lib-dems forming another coalition to prop up a second Conservative term there is little reason for me to vote tactically.

Kind of. Switched from Labour to Green, then back to Labour.
Nearly, last week I was on the verge of switching from UKIP to Labour but Farage's speech in Grimsby reassured me.

Interesting, did the leaders debate have any part to play in the decision to switch - or the intention at least in your case scorza?.

Caporegime
For all your fluff and bluster

Andrew Neil ‏@afneil 5h5 hours ago
UK Poll of Polls on eve of the manifestos:

Labour: 34%
Tories: 33%
Ukip: 15%
Lib Dems 8%
Greens 5%

Still on 15%, not going anywhere :rolleyes:

EDIT - Even the BBC poll of polls have gone up 1 to 14%, so it makes you look a little weak there D.P

What on earth are you talking about?

Caporegime
icon14.gif

Parties also get Short money from votes (£27.99 for every 200 votes).

Interesting, the SNP must have some policies you are strongly against then because the Greens and SNP are broadly similar. Independence?

yep, independence.

I like a lot of the SNP policies otherwise.

Soldato
You're voting out of spite? You're probably the same type of person that would vote to get rid of Farage because he said, if he doesn't win South Thanet he'll step down.

Surely if his desired party is "anyone but the SNP" then voting for the party with the best shot at beating them isn't spite but sense?

Caporegime
You're voting out of spite? You're probably the same type of person that would vote to get rid of Farage because he said, if he doesn't win South Thanet he'll step down. Or the Kate Hopkins remark…. To vote Labour so she'll "supposedly" leave the country.

No, I would vote to block something I firmly don't believe in.
That doesn't mean I will vote of someone else I don't like. I don't have big opinions on either labour or Tories, they are almost identical and the outcomes of either in parliament are hard to distinguish.
The Green party if the only party that would actually be beneficial to the UK, the world, and our future on the planet but th British electorate aren't ready for that yet (and the party also needs to mature).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Interesting, did the leaders debate have any part to play in the decision to switch - or the intention at least in your case scorza?.

Possibly, thought Farage was a bit quiet in the 7 way leader's debate and Ed did quite well, especially in the first "debate" when it was just him and Cameron. Tbh the 7-way was pretty much the non-event it was designed to be.

Soldato
Possibly, thought Farage was a bit quiet in the 7 way leader's debate and Ed did quite well, especially in the first "debate" when it was just him and Cameron. Tbh the 7-way was pretty much the non-event it was designed to be.
I find the votes from the left who have moved to UKIP (or back & forth) far more interesting than Conservative/BNP voters (those are more obvious as to why).

Do you feel UKIPs economic policies are well suited to you, or is the EU exit the singular reason? - as they are quite different to switch between.

Caporegime
He also doesn't like immigrants or muslims.

It's weird to have seen him descend from card carrying, raving unionist to thinking UKIP are credible. Shrug.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I find the votes from the left who have moved to UKIP (or back & forth) far more interesting than Conservative/BNP voters (those are more obvious as to why).

Do you feel UKIPs economic policies are well suited to you, or is the EU exit the singular reason? - as they are quite different to switch between.

My vote goes to whomever I think will do the most to achieve social justice - which I define as having a less unequal distribution of wealth, opportunities and privileges in society (note: I don't want an equal distribution of these things). Normally this would mean voting Labour, or perhaps LibDem which I sometimes did. However right now my view is that uncontrolled immigration is the largest and continued threat to social justice - it's denying the poorest in societies access to jobs, housing, healthcare, pay rises - therefore UKIP as they're the only party who I think genuinely want to do something about this issue, and are proposing policies that may actually achieve it one day. With the Conservatives you always get the impression that they quite like uncontrolled immigration because it helps business leaders to have an army of reserve employment on hand. That's not to say I agree with everything UKIP - as you've identified their economic policies don't really fit in with my views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom