Getting iOS7 onto my iphone :)

Soldato
Right, I know jailbreaking discussion is allowed but I'm not sure about this...

Are we allowed to talk about methods of installion, pitfalls, recovery etc of the iOS7 beta if we ignore how you acquire the file?

Or like we're all hypothetical clueless developers? :)

I've got a spare iPhone 5 so I'd like to give it a run out when possible but I remember doing this for (I think) iOS5 and ending up with a working iPhone that refused to see any kind of signal so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

And if we're not, then sorry and I'll close the thread!

Soldato
This is discussed on Mac Rumours... You can do it with out being a registered developer. I obtained the beta install however I decided not to go through with it as I'm not sure my iPhone4 will cope with this beta (based on others opinions... the iPhone 5 should be okay though)

Edit - Should also add... it is easy to downgrade back to iOS6

Last edited:
Soldato
i have it on my 5 and its running perfectly. all apps and streams seem to be working.

took about 5 mins to install.

Going to try it on an iphone 4 tomorrow

Soldato
Stuck it on my iPhone 5 tonight and I have to say I love it. Speed is a little slower than iOS 6 but that's to be expected as it's only Beta1. Not so much slower as to be annoying, but you can tell if you're looking for it. There's a few graphical glitches, but again, Beta1.

Everything looks so clean and modern after the faux leather stitching and linen of past versions. Will be even better with a little more polish.

Soldato
OP
yep, I've done it. For anyone that encounters the problem of not being able to activate it you need to restore to 6.1.4 completely clean, don't activate it and then restore it to the ios 7 ispw, or at least thats what I did and it worked.

In the process of finding this out I also saw how easy it was to go back from ios 7 to 6 :)

Man of Honour
What do you reckon to it Matt? Impressed?

I think it's great, no real bugs of note yet either! Though the phone is definitely running a bit warmer than it should be.

Soldato
Overall, I like it. Usual beta problems with some apps not working, bluetooth calls sometimes freezing the phone. The new features are making up for that though and the problems will get ironed out in the next beta's.

Soldato
Quick question: if you downgrade back to 6.1.4 on the iPhone 5, will your baseband version also go back down to 3.04.25? Just wondering if something were to happen to the phone before 7 is GA and needed to take it into the genius bar if the baseband version would throw up a red flag?

Back
Top Bottom