GFWL. Have Microsoft lost the plot?

Associate
OP
I just tried starting batman AC on steam and got this :(

batman.jpg

Lol. More like Games for Windows has quality issues and should be resigned to the scrap heap. Talk about a headache. How can it be a piracy measure? We all know the official releases from Skidrow and alike always contain a workaround. It doesn't stop them.

God only knows why they keep it going.

Soldato
I never got HQR working. It would just crash if I tried to launch AC with it installed. Microsoft were useless.

I won't buy anything from GFWL ever again and i'll actively discourage others from doing so.

Soldato
Remove GFWL that was installed with Batman. Install the latest standalone GFWL client and the latest Windows Live ID Sign In assistant (comes with Windows Live Essentials).

Once they're installed run the Games for Windows Marketplace app and make sure you can sign in and so on. Batman should work fine on your next run.

Yes, GFWL is a bit ropey.

Associate
OP
Remove GFWL that was installed with Batman. Install the latest standalone GFWL client and the latest Windows Live ID Sign In assistant (comes with Windows Live Essentials).

Once they're installed run the Games for Windows Marketplace app and make sure you can sign in and so on. Batman should work fine on your next run.

Yes, GFWL is a bit ropey.

I did that today. Still borked.

Soldato
MS recently fired the guy behind GFWL & Windows (Steve Sinofsky) so they know it needs looking at but it was retired in summer 2011 so doubt they will bother changing it now just slap a Windows Vista/7 only logo on games that use it.

Permabanned
I just installed my retail version of AC on win 8. Only issue I had was the GFWL popup not working after it installed the update. Found the fix for that though:

"To fix the LIVE popup problem, just copy the following files to "Windows\System32".

xlive.dll, xlive.dll (Security Catalogue), xlivefnt.dll, xliveinstall.dll, xliveinstallhost.exe.

The files are in: "Windows\SysWOW64.

Hope this helps.

Arkham City runs in 32bit mode so won't find the the .dll's in SysWOW64 folder."

Soldato
I've never used GWFL before, I thought STEAM was a PITA but man, MS take the biscuit...

Try to buy something (Game add-ons DiRT3)

Sorry, please log in again (For your Security)

Woah there.. Please also give us the Security Code we just emailed you (For your Security)

WTF!!.. Copy the Code in the email they send me...

WTFWTFWTFGDF!! It won't Paste!???!

Manually enter code...

How do you want to Pay?

For some reason it asks for far too much Personal Information, why does it want my phone-number? It even wants my phone-number if I pay via PayPal (But the Paypal Option just hangs anyway.) I despise giving my phone-number away to anyone for anything, you don't need my number MS, or even my Address so FU! No sale!

So, does anyone know if the STEAM DiRT3 is the Complete version with all the DLC Cars and Tracks already in? For the STEAM price it ought to be...

Back
Top Bottom