**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Soldato
If you are playing solo, the ai can be a bit naff - but I played most of it co-op with a mate and it's been some of the most fun i've had in years.
Hmmm see for me I do mostly play solo and I think that's why I didn't jump on at launch. I do have a group of mates that play together but trying to line up schedules to actually do it seems rare.. and they all play LoL :(

Soldato
Great game if your playing in a team, we did 95% as a pair and others jumped in for certain maps, with 4 people it felt too easy but we still enjoyed our time playing it and getting 100% on every map.

Soldato
As I said earlier int he thread, the good thing about this, is that you can change so many elements to make it easier/harder - my only real complaint is that it's far too easy to escape the unidad, I feel they should be more aggressive in pursing you - that comes down to personal preference though.

Associate
Back playing this recently thanks to the new tier one mode [new if you havent played in a while like me], really adds to the game and once you rank up higher in tier mode your forced to play the game as it should be ie extreme difficulty.
Such a massive world and this tier one system breaths new life into for me.

Associate
Back playing this recently thanks to the new tier one mode [new if you havent played in a while like me], really adds to the game and once you rank up higher in tier mode your forced to play the game as it should be ie extreme difficulty.
Such a massive world and this tier one system breaths new life into for me.
I’d never heard about this Tier One mode so thanks for the heads up! Loved this game first time around so thankful for a reason to revisit it.

Associate
I must get back into this this game. Its fun on your own or as a member of a squad. Not downloaded any of the DLC for it.... any good?

Associate
IMO the first DLC (Narco Road) was really out of place, jarringly so due to it's extreme sports and car racing vibe. Fallen Ghosts was much better and felt more like an extension to the core game. It also adds a few new enemy types to freshen things up.

Soldato
Finally got round to playing this, enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

It's a murder sandbox really, if you play as kind of a satire on the whole Tom Clancy vibe it's pretty awesome.

Associate
i loved this game when it came out and wouldnt mind getting back in to it. any 1 wanting to play add me Darth_Scoren or Darth Scoren cant remember

Associate
Correct, every 5 levels the difficulty is locked and cannot be changed unless you deactivate tier mode.
From tier 35 and below your locked to extreme difficulty which to be frank is a godsend as too many people just play the game on arcade or normal mode making it a run and gun easy mode shooter which is NOT how its meant to be played.
Also every 5 tier levels you get an item be it cosmetic or a weapon.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/07/04/ghost-recon-wildlands-tier-1-mode-guide-missions-xp-rewards/

Associate
Anyone got any feedback on the predator dlc? Tempted to pick this up just for that but played the free weekend on ps4 and didn't quite get into the base game

Associate
Well I played the trial of this and was left totally unimpressed.

The main killer for me is third person. I mean seriously, its supposed to be a tactical shooter but you can just sit behind an object and see everything while you're totally safe. They could have at least given the option for first person but I guess then it's basically just Far Cry.

It wouldn't be so bad if the movement was good, like in the division, but its all over the place. At least they didn't make the mistake of having the PC turn around and run towards you when you go to backpedal.

My other issue is the awful vehicle physics. If you even pick up a moderate amount of speed you hit a bump and end up off the road on the nearest ditch.

Its a shame really because it could have been a decent game but I'm left feeling happy that I didn't spend money on it.

Associate
Well I played the trial of this and was left totally unimpressed.

The main killer for me is third person. I mean seriously, its supposed to be a tactical shooter but you can just sit behind an object and see everything while you're totally safe. They could have at least given the option for first person but I guess then it's basically just Far Cry.

It wouldn't be so bad if the movement was good, like in the division, but its all over the place. At least they didn't make the mistake of having the PC turn around and run towards you when you go to backpedal.

My other issue is the awful vehicle physics. If you even pick up a moderate amount of speed you hit a bump and end up off the road on the nearest ditch.

Its a shame really because it could have been a decent game but I'm left feeling happy that I didn't spend money on it.

Kind of mirroring some of these thoughts from my experiences. Was a shame as I was really tempted to get the game after.

Back
Top Bottom