• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

What was wrong with the Processor?

Powered the system up last Friday and no display. Was working lovely for a week or so. Everything on defaults, just no boot. I initially thought it was the motherboard, so ordered a new one. Unfortunately that was the same. Ordered a new CPU 3700x and dropped that in the board and it worked straight away. I tried the 3900X again and no boot.

Really weird. I have never had a CPU fail in all my years of upgrades, PC Builds etc.

Powered the system up last Friday and no display. Was working lovely for a week or so. Everything on defaults, just no boot. I initially thought it was the motherboard, so ordered a new one. Unfortunately that was the same. Ordered a new CPU 3700x and dropped that in the board and it worked straight away. I tried the 3900X again and no boot.

Really weird. I have never had a CPU fail in all my years of upgrades, PC Builds etc.

Pretty worrying....

fingers crossed my 3900x doesn't have the same fate.... A processor surviving one week doesn't sound too good.

Considering the new process and design I'm not entirely surprised, especially on the relatively early runs, there will be some duff chips.

I suspect as time goes by, this will improve, and potentially we may see a little more clocking headroom if the average chip and yields improve.

Had an Intel laptop chip die on me previously, it does happen, even though most last for YEARS.

Yeah that happened to me with a 4790k once, booted up and worked fine for a few days but one day it suddenly refused to boot giving a CPU error.

Usually when a CPU fails, it will either be DOA out of the box or it will do it in a short time after installing it for the first time. I've never seen a CPU fail after using it for at least a few weeks.

So OcUK received my 3900x back today! They have tested it and deemed it faulty and sent out the replacement same day! Awesome service thank you OCUK! Great service, the reason I always come back time and time again!

it says 27 september for these now this is a joke i have had parts sitting here i can not even test what are AMD up to

People could switch to the 3950x and properly get that quicker then the 3900x

I’m really glad I preordered on release day but I must admit I didn’t expect the 12 core at such a high price (well for amd anyhow )would be so popular

But are they sellling well ? or are they just having production problems with the higher core CPU and using them as underclocked 3800x. I have a case and GFX card sitting here wating to be built and dont even know if they work as i am wating for these CPUs for the build.

What happans at the end of september is it a small batch and again out of stock or is it a good stock pile where everyone will have these.

The other thing is that even the memory by gskill the neo versions are not even out and they where tested in USA about 6 weeks ago, i can not understand how all this stuff is still not in any online shops yet

Back
Top Bottom