• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

@Gibbo - Vega Preorders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
@Gibbo, will we be able to pre-order the limited edition Vega cards soon, or will be have to wait for the 14th?

I'm eager to preorder my liquid cooled limited edition, along with a Ryzen 7 cpu/motherboard with the offer code.

Cheers!

Man of Honour
Be interesting to see when OcUK gets stock assuming they haven't already - we have zero, zilch, nada access to any Vega stock at work before the end of September at the earliest.

(Or rather that is a rolling date as there just is no info even though SKUs are raised on the system though as it isn't my department I have no info on the finer points of it).

Associate
Which part of similar price/performance to Nvidia cards but 2-3 times the power consumption sounds like something miners would want? lmao.

Vega has special instruction set for mining plus miners use custom bios with different voltage settings to maximise the best power to performance ratio.

Soldato
Which part of similar price/performance to Nvidia cards but 2-3 times the power consumption sounds like something miners would want? lmao.
when their prefered cards sell out worldwide. They move onto the next best, and so on and so on. Haven't you been paying attention? The 480/580s sold out, then they went after the 1060's/1070s

Soldato
when their prefered cards sell out worldwide. They move onto the next best, and so on and so on. Haven't you been paying attention?
Yes, however until we reach the point where Vega are the only GPUs available on the planet that isn't going to be an issue. Nobody is going to buy a Vega GPU over a GTX1070/1080/1080ti and I don't see them becoming impossible to find anytime soon.

Soldato
I can see those pre orders now........

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom