• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo; What time in the UK will 3070 preorders open

Associate
Just considering the ****show that was the FE 3080/3090 launch, wanted to make sure I could set an alarm or something as I'll be at work.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Fair enough. Just wanted to be sure as the FE 3080 was supposed to go in stock at 1pm UTC on Nvidias site but started at 6am. Then crashed. Then all gone :'(. Don't wanna get burned again from any misinterpretation (I know OCUK weren't involved in this).

Associate
Fair enough. Just wanted to be sure as the FE 3080 was supposed to go in stock at 1pm UTC on Nvidias site but started at 6am. Then crashed. Then all gone :'(. Don't wanna get burned again from any misinterpretation (I know OCUK weren't involved in this).

The Nvidia FE launch happened exactly when Nvidia said it would. 2PM BST on 17th September. Nothing happened at 6am. Yes since then there has been a 5–6AM restock (in the UK) but this was a good few weeks after the initial launch.

Soldato
The Nvidia FE launch happened exactly when Nvidia said it would. 2PM BST on 17th September. Nothing happened at 6am. Yes since then there has been a 5–6AM restock (in the UK) but this was a good few weeks after the initial launch.

I'm pretty sure nothing happened at 2pm except changing to out of stock then appearing in stock briefly around 4pm - 1 hour after I had given up :p

'At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Instantly, the NVIDIA store was inundated with over 10 times the traffic of our previous generation launch, which took our internal systems to a crawl and encountered an error preventing sales from starting properly at 6:00am pacific. We were able to resolve the issues and process orders later than planned.'

Associate
OP
They'll be available to pre-order, just like the 3080. No one knows about stock levels, no-one will tell you. It'll be the same as 3080 scenario, except worse.

That... that wasn't what I asked though.

E.g, AMD Ryzen is getting released at 5pm.
Apparently the 3080 was released at 2pm.
Just a standard question really as I will be at work and want to buy one for my nephew so want to know when I should take a 10 minute break to start spamming refresh.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Seeing as the time hasn't been officially announced by Nvidia, at least that I can see, then I strongly doubt Gibbo, or any retailer, would be able to tell you without breaking terms of an NDA

Associate
Seeing as the time hasn't been officially announced by Nvidia, at least that I can see, then I strongly doubt Gibbo, or any retailer, would be able to tell you without breaking terms of an NDA

There lies the rub, do OC owe their loyalty to their customer or to Nvidia? The fact there's a NDA on stock levels pretty much tells you it's another paper launch.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
There lies the rub, do OC owe their loyalty to their customer or to Nvidia? The fact there's a NDA on stock levels pretty much tells you it's another paper launch.
Loyalty doesn't come into it. Business is business. If OCUK want to market Nvidia cards then they have to toe the line. That's how it works. Anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

I've predominantly used OCUK for any IT related purchase since I was a teenager. I'm under no illusion that they have loyalty to me or me to them, it's just who I choose to spend my money with because of the service I've historically received. What I won't do is hand over substantial amounts of money, especially considering the current global and domestic situation, to a company that are renowned for sitting on customer cash for no reason. The other thread on here with someone whinging and whining that he's spent £1700 odd on a card he's getting no updates for yadda yadda yadda. Who gives a hoot?! OCUK certainly don't, they've got the cash on the books and can't magically make stock appear.

Personally, I've seen the "treatment" (used very loosely) of the customer base worsen further and further ever since Caseking got involved with the company. Whether that avenue is a reasoning for what seems to be less buying power, who knows? Only thing I'm certain of is I'll part with my cash on my terms when stock is available.

Associate
From my point of view if the problems with the stock situation is not sorted by the end of November early December i am going to give up on this gen and wait it out for next years supers.

OcUK Staff
Do not hold me to it but I believe it is 29th at 2pm.

Stock on day 1 is better but also still extremely poor. But our stock level is currently above the dream amount I just stated in hints, but is under 1k units and we expect demand to be huge.

However from experience and the fact 3070 is a lower binned GPU and as such will have better yields I do expect the supply to be better and to ramp up much faster than the 3080 for example.

The key word with anything 3000 series is patience, supply is very low and demand is very high.

We do limit all orders to 1 per customer and to UK ONLY, we monitor all orders and prevent bots and have CAPTCHA enabled amongst everything else within our power to try and ensure only gamers in the UK can get one.

Associate
That Danish shop are saying they have only managed to procure 2.5% of their inventory of the 2070, but good luck everyone.

They have ordered 4,280 RTX 3070 cards and so far have secured 106 in store with 185 confirmed on route leaving a shortfall of 3,989 cards... from tomshardware.

Back
Top Bottom