• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo; What time in the UK will 3070 preorders open

Associate
Loyalty doesn't come into it. Business is business. If OCUK want to market Nvidia cards then they have to toe the line. That's how it works. Anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

I've predominantly used OCUK for any IT related purchase since I was a teenager. I'm under no illusion that they have loyalty to me or me to them, it's just who I choose to spend my money with because of the service I've historically received. What I won't do is hand over substantial amounts of money, especially considering the current global and domestic situation, to a company that are renowned for sitting on customer cash for no reason. The other thread on here with someone whinging and whining that he's spent £1700 odd on a card he's getting no updates for yadda yadda yadda. Who gives a hoot?! OCUK certainly don't, they've got the cash on the books and can't magically make stock appear.

Personally, I've seen the "treatment" (used very loosely) of the customer base worsen further and further ever since Caseking got involved with the company. Whether that avenue is a reasoning for what seems to be less buying power, who knows? Only thing I'm certain of is I'll part with my cash on my terms when stock is available.

True, I personally only buy stuff I can't get from other places now from OC, anything big I go elsewhere, OC lost me as a regular about 2 years ago.

Associate
Do not hold me to it but I believe it is 29th at 2pm.

Stock on day 1 is better but also still extremely poor. But our stock level is currently above the dream amount I just stated in hints, but is under 1k units and we expect demand to be huge.

However from experience and the fact 3070 is a lower binned GPU and as such will have better yields I do expect the supply to be better and to ramp up much faster than the 3080 for example.

The key word with anything 3000 series is patience, supply is very low and demand is very high.

We do limit all orders to 1 per customer and to UK ONLY, we monitor all orders and prevent bots and have CAPTCHA enabled amongst everything else within our power to try and ensure only gamers in the UK can get one.
Does UK only include Ireland too like the 3080?

Associate
I'm pretty sure nothing happened at 2pm except changing to out of stock then appearing in stock briefly around 4pm - 1 hour after I had given up :p

'At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Instantly, the NVIDIA store was inundated with over 10 times the traffic of our previous generation launch, which took our internal systems to a crawl and encountered an error preventing sales from starting properly at 6:00am pacific. We were able to resolve the issues and process orders later than planned.'

Oh yes! I think you're right! I had forgotten the whole instant Notify me => Out of stock thing. What a mess that was.

Associate
They'll be available to pre-order, just like the 3080. No one knows about stock levels, no-one will tell you. It'll be the same as 3080 scenario, except worse.
why worse? it can't be worse than 3080.
if you mean the cheaper price ,then I'd say most who can afford £450 can also afford £650 for a significantly faster /more powerful card.
they had more time + past experience of 3080,no reason to say with certainty it will be worse.

Last edited:
Soldato
i know people who are going to order from multiple stores online just to increase their chances of getting one. some will probably end up with multiple cards im guessing if timed right. guessing again that they can sell spare cards on for no loss, or probably even profit.
wish these cards had like few millions in stock to stop shady prices and dodgey buyers who just want to sell on for profit. guessing it will take atleast 6 months to make demand.

Associate
i know people who are going to order from multiple stores online just to increase their chances of getting one. some will probably end up with multiple cards im guessing if timed right. guessing again that they can sell spare cards on for no loss, or probably even profit.
wish these cards had like few millions in stock to stop shady prices and dodgey buyers who just want to sell on for profit. guessing it will take atleast 6 months to make demand.
Don't they take the money upfront?

Associate
To be fair. I want a 3070 only because I can't be bothered to change my PSU. But the leap from my 1080 should be huge. But, although it will be dissapointing if I can't order one 29th, it doesn't really matter as my 1080 still plays all games I play and they all look great. No RTX, but that doesn't really matter :)

Associate
Thanks. I'll tell my nephew his birthday present might be delayed a few months.

Well, so long as you didn't tell him which birthday it was for then you can give it to him next year, assuming you have it by then :p

On a serious note though, hopefully retailers have learned lessons from the 3080 debacle and put measures in place to protect consumers from unscrupulous profiteers

Back
Top Bottom