• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte 7950 WF3 Bios - What did yours come with?

Associate
mine shows FX0...is there any chance i can flash it to get voltage unlocked in MB or Trixx?
dont want that 1.25v....

right,i just flashed F43 with ati winflash,now 1ghz is under 1.09v instead of 1.25v :)
Of course,i need to test it now,will do it in few h

Last edited:
Associate
mine shows FX0...is there any chance i can flash it to get voltage unlocked in MB or Trixx?
dont want that 1.25v....

right,i just flashed F43 with ati winflash,now 1ghz is under 1.09v instead of 1.25v :)
Of course,i need to test it now,will do it in few h

Hi There,
I think i have the same issue as you where my Video card voltage locked in MSI afterburner. I tried to flash it with the F43 bios in Gigabyte VGA Utility but it fails with "Flash BIOS failed! BIOS version not match!"
It is a brand new card with the following details.
GPU-Z Bios displayed Version - 015.029.000.003
Gigabyte Bios - GV-R795WF3-3GD.FX0

Was yours the same and did you just use the same Gigabyte bios but ATI winflash instead of VGA Utility to get around the flash error?

Associate
Hi There,
I think i have the same issue as you where my Video card voltage locked in MSI afterburner. I tried to flash it with the F43 bios in Gigabyte VGA Utility but it fails with "Flash BIOS failed! BIOS version not match!"
It is a brand new card with the following details.
GPU-Z Bios displayed Version - 015.029.000.003
Gigabyte Bios - GV-R795WF3-3GD.FX0

Was yours the same and did you just use the same Gigabyte bios but ATI winflash instead of VGA Utility to get around the flash error?

yes,i used ati winflash and it flashed easy,we have same cards,now i have 900mhz and 1.09v instead of 1ghz and 1.25v
but in AB is still no voltage control....dont know how to get around it..
BTW - can you backup your cards bios (FX0) as i didnt backed up mine,i need it just in case,maybe you can drop it somwhere in file sharing site and i can download it ?
in GPU Z you can save your current bios, THANKS

Deleted member 135847

D

Deleted member 135847

I recently swapped my MSI 7950 TF3 Boost Card for the Gigabyte 7950 WF3 bought from OCUK. The MSI card had fan controller issues.

My card came with the 1000mhz FZ1 bios, which Gigabyte pulled from their website not long after releasing it (so I read anyway).

My card was pushing 1.25 volts and 1000mhz on the core at stock. Clocked it upto 1200mhz easily, but due to the high voltage it was hitting 69c and the VRMs 90C!!.

I flashed bios 1 to F43 (using ATIWinFlash - very easy by the way) and now running at 1150mhz and 1.175 volts. This bios does default to the advertised 900mhz at stock and 1.09 volts. I only hit 58/59c on the core at 1150mhz and more importanly the VRMs are only 65-71c. TBH unless I am benchmarking there is no difference from 1200mhz worth worrying about, maybe 1-3 fps.

I can highly recommend flashing to the latest F43 bios. You will have to use ATIWinFlash or similar utility to force the flashing as the Gigabyte Utility wont let you flash it.

Using F43 and AB I can adjust voltage & everything else once I checked all the options in AB settings. I never tried to alter the voltage when I was on the FZ1 bios. I still have this bios loaded under switch 2 though.

From the reading up I did the issue with voltage control is you must completely disable AMD overdrive in the driver settings (ideally never activate overdrive from a clean install) and just use AB (not trixx or any other program at all). Then go into AB settings and tick "unlock voltage control" "unlock voltage monitoring" and "Extend official overclocking limits" (as F43 bios will limit you to 1100mzh unless you activate this). Once this is done AB will want to restart and then unlock core mhz above 1100mzh and voltage control. Apparently everytime you update the AMD drivers you need to re-activate the extended overlock limits.

Just to confirm, flashing using ATIWinFlash with F43 bios AND using AB unlocked voltage on my card.

Associate
I recently swapped my MSI 7950 TF3 Boost Card for the Gigabyte 7950 WF3 bought from OCUK. The MSI card had fan controller issues.

My card came with the 1000mhz FZ1 bios, which Gigabyte pulled from their website not long after releasing it (so I read anyway).

My card was pushing 1.25 volts and 1000mhz on the core at stock. Clocked it upto 1200mhz easily, but due to the high voltage it was hitting 69c and the VRMs 90C!!.

I flashed bios 1 to F43 (using ATIWinFlash - very easy by the way) and now running at 1150mhz and 1.175 volts. This bios does default to the advertised 900mhz at stock and 1.09 volts. I only hit 58/59c on the core at 1150mhz and more importanly the VRMs are only 65-71c. TBH unless I am benchmarking there is no difference from 1200mhz worth worrying about, maybe 1-3 fps.

I can highly recommend flashing to the latest F43 bios. You will have to use ATIWinFlash or similar utility to force the flashing as the Gigabyte Utility wont let you flash it.

Using F43 and AB I can adjust voltage & everything else once I checked all the options in AB settings. I never tried to alter the voltage when I was on the FZ1 bios. I still have this bios loaded under switch 2 though.

From the reading up I did the issue with voltage control is you must completely disable AMD overdrive in the driver settings (ideally never activate overdrive from a clean install) and just use AB (not trixx or any other program at all). Then go into AB settings and tick "unlock voltage control" "unlock voltage monitoring" and "Extend official overclocking limits" (as F43 bios will limit you to 1100mzh unless you activate this). Once this is done AB will want to restart and then unlock core mhz above 1100mzh and voltage control. Apparently everytime you update the AMD drivers you need to re-activate the extended overlock limits.

Just to confirm, flashing using ATIWinFlash with F43 bios AND using AB unlocked voltage on my card.

Hi James,
I did everything exactly as you said and even uninstalled and then reinstalled all the drivers and MSI Afterburner again but still there is no option to unlock my voltage core.
(Just to check to enable the "Extend official overclocking limit" you need to edit the .cfg file and starting it up with the /xcl command right?)

I am now running the F43 Bios with the Latest 13.2 Beta Catalyst drivers and also MSI Afterburner 2.3.1

Is that the same software that you are running?

Associate
yes,i used ati winflash and it flashed easy,we have same cards,now i have 900mhz and 1.09v instead of 1ghz and 1.25v
but in AB is still no voltage control....dont know how to get around it..
BTW - can you backup your cards bios (FX0) as i didnt backed up mine,i need it just in case,maybe you can drop it somwhere in file sharing site and i can download it ?
in GPU Z you can save your current bios, THANKS

Hi Mario,
I did manage to flash my Bios successfully thanks but still have no luck at unlocking my core voltage. If you want a copy of the original FX0 Bios here is the file. Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qaoojpdkyqohnza/95xLHJbZ6q

Associate
Hi James,
I did everything exactly as you said and even uninstalled and then reinstalled all the drivers and MSI Afterburner again but still there is no option to unlock my voltage core.
(Just to check to enable the "Extend official overclocking limit" you need to edit the .cfg file and starting it up with the /xcl command right?)

I am now running the F43 Bios with the Latest 13.2 Beta Catalyst drivers and also MSI Afterburner 2.3.1

Thanks for original Bios kronos :)

same here sadly - just NO voltage control in AB :(

Deleted member 135847

D

Deleted member 135847

Hi James,

I'd love to say I know exactly what the issue is straight off.... but I don't.

F43 is the same, 13.2 beta 7 is the same, only difference is I am using AB beta version.

I found I didn't have to do the /xcl part or touch the .cgf file. I seem to be lucky and just ticked the all the check boxes listed above under the settings tab.

Any chance of posting a pic of your AB settings tab so I can compare to my settings?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I'd love to say I know exactly what the issue is straight off.... but I don't.

F43 is the same, 13.2 beta 7 is the same, only difference is I am using AB beta version.

I found I didn't have to do the /xcl part or touch the .cgf file. I seem to be lucky and just ticked the all the check boxes listed above under the settings tab.

Any chance of posting a pic of your AB settings tab so I can compare to my settings?

Hi James,
Thanks for your help. I've tried so many different settings in MSI AB but with no joy. I might have to try the beta version as well.

Here are my current settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggfayl0ibjbr13s/MSI AB settings.jpg

Associate
So i'm guessing its more than worth flashing to F43 bios? Unless i get good temps at 1200MHz on 1.25v

Can anyone run me though how to do it? If possible (I.E how to get hold of F43 and use ATIwinflash)

Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Deleted member 135847

D

Deleted member 135847

The only difference is low-level hardware access interface is set to user mode in my AB. No idea what it does and I don't remember changing this setting?

Also below these settings is a section titled AMD compatibility properties, this is where I checked "extend official overclocking limits" but I think my voltage was already unlocked.

Come to think of it, your AB does not even show what your voltage is. Mine always did right from the start. It just wouldn't let me alter it until I activated the settings I AB.

The only possible thing I can think is that I used trixx and asus gpu tweak to unlock the voltage on my crossfired XFX HD 7850s I previously had. I have since uninstalled both programs long ago and now changed to a single card setup.

I can only guess one of these programs may have left some files behind somewhere, but I have driver sweeped in safe mode etc... since uninstalling these programs? Not sure if this previous unlocking with trixx/gpu tweak has remained somehow. I know AB would not unlock my XFX cards at all.

The XFX 7850 cards could only be unlocked by trixx or gpu tweak, that's why I used them.

I guess you could try unlocking the voltage with those programs (if they can) and then try using AB once they have been uninstalled after unlocking voltage?

Deleted member 135847

D

Deleted member 135847

So i'm guessing its more than worth flashing to F43 bios? Unless i get good temps at 1200MHz on 1.25v

Just keep an eye on the VRM temps as well in GPU-Z if you stay at 1.250v. My core wasn't too bad in FZ1 @ 1.250v - 69c. But my VRMs were 90c+! This was at 1200 core.

Using f43 they are down to 65-70c and core 58-59c @ 1150 core and 1.175v

Associate
Just keep an eye on the VRM temps as well in GPU-Z if you stay at 1.250v. My core wasn't too bad in FZ1 @ 1.250v - 69c. But my VRMs were 90c+! This was at 1200 core.

Using f43 they are down to 65-70c and core 58-59c @ 1150 core and 1.175v

The lower temps of F43 make me want to doit because atm at 1150 im reaching 70c+

James934 what is your ASIC?

Last edited:

Deleted member 135847

D

Deleted member 135847

Off top of my head it is around 60% (not at PC anymore -iPad).

I know generally higher is seen as better, but I am sure I read somewhere these "boost edition" (1000mhz) cards are cherry picked low ASIC cards due to the higher voltages low ASIC can generally take, therefore potentially easier to get stable MINOR (1000mhz) overclock by just ramping up the voltage to a high level that higher ASIC cards might not take? No idea if that is correct or not?

You are going to disprove that and say you have 99% aren't you?

Associate
No no lol, im around 60% aswell

Just did a bench on 1150/1250 with 1.25v (since that all it can be lol) and i got 85c+ on the VRM

Last edited:
Associate
The only difference is low-level hardware access interface is set to user mode in my AB. No idea what it does and I don't remember changing this setting?

Also below these settings is a section titled AMD compatibility properties, this is where I checked "extend official overclocking limits" but I think my voltage was already unlocked.

Come to think of it, your AB does not even show what your voltage is. Mine always did right from the start. It just wouldn't let me alter it until I activated the settings I AB.

The only possible thing I can think is that I used trixx and asus gpu tweak to unlock the voltage on my crossfired XFX HD 7850s I previously had. I have since uninstalled both programs long ago and now changed to a single card setup.

I can only guess one of these programs may have left some files behind somewhere, but I have driver sweeped in safe mode etc... since uninstalling these programs? Not sure if this previous unlocking with trixx/gpu tweak has remained somehow. I know AB would not unlock my XFX cards at all.

The XFX 7850 cards could only be unlocked by trixx or gpu tweak, that's why I used them.

I guess you could try unlocking the voltage with those programs (if they can) and then try using AB once they have been uninstalled after unlocking voltage?

Hi,
Just tried all of that as well now, but still no joy. Wonder if I shouldn't try installing some of the older 12.10 drivers, to see if that will make a difference. Other than that I'm a bit of ideas at the moment, just can't believe it can be this difficult really.

Back
Top Bottom