Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Where are they?

Associate
Anyone worrying about VRM temps I can whole heartedly recommend the EK monoblock for the K7. MY VRMs were hitting 80+ degrees during handbrake now after 30mins of 97-99% load my VRMs are sitting at 51 degrees which incidentally was the temp they previously idled at.

CPU - 3.95Ghz
CPU Voltage - 1.38V
SOC - 1.20V
RAM - 3333 @ 14-14-14-36-1T
RAM Voltage - 1.4V

Soldato
Anyone worrying about VRM temps I can whole heartedly recommend the EK monoblock for the K7. MY VRMs were hitting 80+ degrees during handbrake now after 30mins of 97-99% load my VRMs are sitting at 51 degrees which incidentally was the temp they previously idled at.

CPU - 3.95Ghz
CPU Voltage - 1.38V
SOC - 1.20V
RAM Voltage - 1.4V

Have one too, not bad at cooling the cpu too, admittedly not as good as the supremacy I had block but damn close.

Hate to say this but having the RGB LEDS on cycle it looks kinda cool :o

Soldato
Any one tried the F5 bios yet, been up for a week or 2 .

Not sure if it's me on the luck front but my 3.9 OC now only needs 1.32v :confused: . Did require 1.38+

Done the usual stress test ect seems solid, will know for sure when gaming and streaming tonight.

Soldato
Any one tried the F5 bios yet, been up for a week or 2 .

Not sure if it's me on the luck front but my 3.9 OC now only needs 1.32v :confused: . Did require 1.38+

Done the usual stress test ect seems solid, will know for sure when gaming and streaming tonight.

score!

CPU - 3.95Ghz
CPU Voltage - 1.38V
SOC - 1.20V
RAM Voltage - 1.4V

curious to know, what were the temps on everyday tasks - gaming before and after waterblock going on? love benchmarks and stress tests that push everything to 100% but useless in real world apps

Associate
ISSUE is resolved..

Hi,
First, here's my build:
AMD 1700X @ 3.81GHz/1.3v/LLC-Normal
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming K7 (Bios 7a)
Corsair 115v Liquid Cooler
16GB (2x8GB) CMUGX4M2C3200C16 Corsair Vengence LED
EVGA 980Ti 6GB
EVO 850 500GB SSD
EVO 840 250GB SSD
Seasonic 750W PSU
Corsair 450D

The ram used to run under XMP but since bios F4 (and the new AGESA) I can only set it manually.

I posted the passage below in the US Gigabyte forum:

After reading recent horror stories about user's experience with the Gigabyte Aorus K7 I was feeling a little lucky that my board had run without issue until yesterday.

I'm now running the board using the back up bios due to the main bios crapping out.

If I try to use the main bios the board will boot, cycle to debug code 90 (phase transfer to boot device selection from the DXE) and then start the process all over again. I tried removing all the ram sticks but it doesn't make a difference. I pulled the ram, SSD and gpu but still it booted to debug code 90 and started again.

I eventually tried the back up bios and hey presto my board works..

Today I'll try and flash the other bios but it sounds like this board is probably borked... Damn.

Thanks gigabyte

So this is where i'm still at wondering if the board will fail at the next boot?

The motherboard does do odd things from time to time like showing weird debug codes (when researched they always come back as 'reserved') or like the time i saw the Bios LED which denotes which bios your using, either back up or main, flashing from one to the other..?
Ok a reboot has always solved these little 'idiosyncrasies' but it does make one wonder about the product as a whole and now it seems we are in it's possible death throes?

For the moment it's running as my cpu-z banner shows and all seems well but i just wonder for how long?

I've contacted Gigabyte support but they have always been about as much use as a chocolate teapot so i'm not holding my breath.

I'll have a tweak with this and that but may give Overclockers a call on Monday see if it can be RMAed?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom