Gigabyte Aorus X670E Master

Associate
Hence why we all got smartphones doh
OBVIOUSLY you can just download the manual. That's not the point I'm making.

The point is that if it's THAT expensive, the person buying it WANTS a printed off manual and doesn't want to have to download it.

It's a damn expensive part. It's like buying a Rolls Royce and then being told that you have to print off the user manual at home because they are trying to save money and could print it off but won't.

Why is this so hard to understand???

Associate
OBVIOUSLY you can just download the manual. That's not the point I'm making.

The point is that if it's THAT expensive, the person buying it WANTS a printed off manual and doesn't want to have to download it.

It's a damn expensive part. It's like buying a Rolls Royce and then being told that you have to print off the user manual at home because they are trying to save money and could print it off but won't.

Why is this so hard to understand???
Reminds me of MSI Goes Green campaign: Motherboards Will No Longer Come with Manuals or Other Paper Materials.

Kind of defeats the point if you end up printing it at home though I suppose :cry:

Call me crazy but I like an actual book when reading, as apposed to a tablet or audio book too!

Last edited:
Associate
Reminds me of MSI Goes Green campaign: Motherboards Will No Longer Come with Manuals or Other Paper Materials.

Kind of defeats the point if you end up printing it at home though I suppose :cry:

Call me crazy but I like an actual book when reading, as apposed to a tablet or audio book too!
yeah and it actually has nothing to do with going green (really).

The cost of printing off the manual isn't a small amount and especially when you're including a manual with a high volume model (budget boards will sell in bucket loads versus a top of the range motherboard).

Not including the manual saves on other expenses like shipping and actually packing the motherboard and all components in the box and that includes hiring a team and hardware to create and print off the manuals.

When margins are tight and profits are being eroded due to raw material costs or shipping or whatever, it's easy to just not include extras, cut back on persons and claim you're going eco.

The thing is that I have an issue with is that the margins on a high end board are far better than any model below and the volume of high end boards sold is relatively low (not many people will buy a £1000 motherboard) it so it's easy to justify that they should include a manual as part of the premium experience that the buyer is paying for.

I can easily understand not including a manual for a budget board that sells by the many many thousands and has a tiny profit margin or is even a product that the manufacturer makes no profit on (sort of a loss leader product), just to get a buyer to start using their product and hope that they buy a midrange board later on.

Associate
yeah and it actually has nothing to do with going green (really).

The cost of printing off the manual isn't a small amount and especially when you're including a manual with a high volume model (budget boards will sell in bucket loads versus a top of the range motherboard).

Not including the manual saves on other expenses like shipping and actually packing the motherboard and all components in the box and that includes hiring a team and hardware to create and print off the manuals.

When margins are tight and profits are being eroded due to raw material costs or shipping or whatever, it's easy to just not include extras, cut back on persons and claim you're going eco.

The thing is that I have an issue with is that the margins on a high end board are far better than any model below and the volume of high end boards sold is relatively low (not many people will buy a £1000 motherboard) it so it's easy to justify that they should include a manual as part of the premium experience that the buyer is paying for.

I can easily understand not including a manual for a budget board that sells by the many many thousands and has a tiny profit margin or is even a product that the manufacturer makes no profit on (sort of a loss leader product), just to get a buyer to start using their product and hope that they buy a midrange board later on.
I think for £1000 it should come with 2 paper manuals signed by the dev team and a lifetime supply of case stickers!

Last edited:
Associate
I think for £1000 it should come with 2 paper manuals signed by the dev team and a lifetime supply of case stickers!
I know people who would be thrilled with that and would consider spending £1000 on a motherboard if they came with singed manuals and a load of stickers.

Motherboards used to come with really cool stuff back in the Z77 days and were far more interesting.

Remember LanParty and their UV reactive motherboards and cool branding and marketing stuff? Those were the days.

Edit: AND LED POST codes!!! Bring them back.

Look at the below!! Perfection.

Last edited:
Associate
Quick update on BIOS F20e - Comes with a new layout and colour scheme for the BIOS screen.

I haven't gone into much detail on what, if anything, has changed in the menus but in terms of performance and stability, it's a bit early to tell.

But it works and I haven't had any issues that I haven't seen before. Namely hanging on reboot and requiring a hard off and on cycle.

Associate
Quick update on BIOS F20e - Comes with a new layout and colour scheme for the BIOS screen.

I haven't gone into much detail on what, if anything, has changed in the menus but in terms of performance and stability, it's a bit early to tell.

But it works and I haven't had any issues that I haven't seen before. Namely hanging on reboot and requiring a hard off and on cycle.
The least we can hope for is that they made the colour scheme look nice! :cry:

Associate
Gigabyte have just released BIOS version F21 for this board.

Highlights:-
  1. Checksum : DFDD
  2. Update AMD AGESA 1.1.0.1
  3. Addresses potential UEFI vulnerabilities. (LogoFAIL)
I'll let you know my thoughts on this one once I've updated and taken it for a test run.
You missed a bit.....

4. There is a small chance flashing this BIOS will be successful and you will have a fully working machine afterwards.

Associate
how did you get on with the F20 bios?

It works fine so long as I leave EXPO disabled.

If I enable EXPO, the PC runs fine but won't restart properly. It hangs on restart and I have to force shutdown and reboot.

But then it sometimes won't reboot, and will hang at various stages, forcing another shutdown.

Maybe 2 or 3 or 5 attempts at this will get it to boot up again, but it's a bit of a lottery.

I've had this same issue since updating from F10.

Associate
Gigabyte have released the official F22 BIOS now.

1. Checksum : 7DCC
  2. Update AMD AGESA 1.1.0.2 b
  3. Improve Ryzen 8000 series APU performance with STAPM default disabled
I'm stable on version F22b so probably won't update to this as likely the same.

Back
Top Bottom