Gigabyte G34WQC - 1440p ultrawide

Associate
Mine also got shipped today. Ordered on the 5th November. Super psyched!

Now I just need my 5800X, Galahad 360mm AIO and 3080 to ship and my new PC is gonna get built!

Associate
@Smiley_ie

Not that I'm aware of. I ordered mine when it just said ''Pre-order''. That status didn't change until I got an e-mail saying my item had been dispatched. I think it's because the suppliers are in **** state at the moment that it's hard for any distributors to get a hard date locked in.

Also, seeing as I'm here...

I've been using my new monitor for about 3-5 hours now and I can say, it's absolutely fantastic. I read a few people saying it has a ''cheap feel to it'' and maybe my standards are low...but it feels tough and well put together to me. Image is crystal clear and sharp and playing games on it is a delight. Would 10/10 recommend.

Associate
@Smiley_ie

Not that I'm aware of. I ordered mine when it just said ''Pre-order''. That status didn't change until I got an e-mail saying my item had been dispatched. I think it's because the suppliers are in **** state at the moment that it's hard for any distributors to get a hard date locked in.

I've been using my new monitor for about 3-5 hours now and I can say, it's absolutely fantastic. I read a few people saying it has a ''cheap feel to it'' and maybe my standards are low...but it feels tough and well put together to me. Image is crystal clear and sharp and playing games on it is a delight. Would 10/10 recommend.

Thanks for the reply Narthaz, Enjoy
I found it on another site due on the 14 Dec, Looking to get it before it all go's **** up "Brexit" I'm in Ireland so I might order from other UK supplier ?

Caporegime
@Smiley_ie

How bad is the black smearing, to your eyes?

Also backlight bleed?

Caporegime
I would like to share early experience with my unit that arrived today.
<snip>

Negatives:

- Squeel / whine from the centre of the screen
Video of the location, hard to hear it: https://streamable.com/apq0u7
Audio recording, much easier to hear: https://soundcloud.com/ondra-lopata/g34wqc-squeel-123
- Dark level smearing is really big and not just in UFO test. If you use dark mode, which I use everywhere, then scrolling in text changes color from white to "blackish white" - this is very noticeble and annoying. Not to mention playing some fast paced shooter in darker environment - I haven't tested that yet.
Example here: https://streamable.com/ari00i
- Overdrive options have very little effect, might be too hesitant and not enough aggressive. There are three options Picture quality, Balance and Speed. Any change in UFO test is only noticeble when switching from Picture quality to Speed (skipping balance), difference is too small when switching levels of overdrive in order.
- Inablity to set a cooler color temprature, only three settings are present and the middle is too warm from the OSD
- High input lag - marketed as gaming monitor, but having higher input lag than my decade old dell 2412m which is basicaly an office monitor that cost me €200 back then. Feel free to test here if you run dual monitor http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/response_time.php
- Stand is a bit wobbly, no tragedy
Ah yuck, that kills my interest in this one. Also a dark mode user and that moving white text was awful.

Dang.

Associate
Foxeye, there is a tiny bit of coil whine. But the sound of it is so minimal, you really have to lean in to hear it. I would genuinely not be concerned about that point.

As for black smearing, I'm not really sure tbh. It's not something I really noticed.

And the backlight bleed...genuinely not seen that on my model.

The stand is pretty strong. Sure, if you bounce you're desk it'll wobble a little. But I can play games, type on my keyboard etc and don't notice much wobble tbh.

I'm not trying to fanboy this product. But for £400, it really is an excellent product for what you get.

Associate
I'm really happy with mine. Only had it today but no whine for me and barely any backglow. I customised the monitor settings a bit to suit my preferences. The only issue I noticed was the plastic edge at the top left was slightly separated from the bezel/display, but it isn't causing any issues with the actual display (as of yet anyway).

Associate
Ordered mine on the 9th of November, haven't heard back from OC yet. Order has remained on "received, not yet shipped". Anyone else waiting this long?

I haven't been waiting as long as you. I've ordered mine on 2nd of December and still waiting for this monitor to be delivered......

Although, just an hour ago received an email from OC stating the ETA at end of January 2021.

Is the monitor worth the extra wait or should I ask for a refund or change the order for another monitor similar.......?

Last edited:
Associate
I saw a thread on reddit asking about similar monitors, they came up with the following (that I think often use the same panel)...

Xiaomi 34
AOC CU34G2X
Viotek GNV34DBE
Niexus NX-EDG34S
Dark Matter 34
Cooler Master GM34
Lenovo G34W

But I dunno how many of those we might get over here and what kinda price they'd be... I googled a couple but with no joy.

Associate
I saw a thread on reddit asking about similar monitors, they came up with the following (that I think often use the same panel)...

But I dunno how many of those we might get over here and what kinda price they'd be... I googled a couple but with no joy.

The Viotek and Niexus are US only afaik.
The Cooler Master is OOS everywhere, possibly perhaps because it was overpriced compared to the others (it was almost as expensive as the premium GSync/IPS ones)
The Dark Matter 34 also seems to be OOS but I suspect that will change soon
The AOC is also common but a bit more expensive than the rest (you pay for AOC's slightly better QA)

You forgot the Electriq 34'', I think it's the same panel and not difficult to find
Also the Iiyama GMaster GB3466 has the same panel

Associate
I placed an order elsewhere when the G34WQC appeared in stock, on 23rd Dec... then I received an email in the new year to say it was an error but my preorder was logged nonetheless

Anyone got any idea of the kind of delay I am looking at here? It's out of stock everywhere

Back
Top Bottom