Gigabyte homepages,

OcUK product pages,

Gigabyte Krypton dual sided pad.

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

There's not much to say about this mouse pad, it is dual sided with one side smoother than the other ("speed" and "precision" sides), it is designed for optimal use with a Krypton mouse.

It is of a reasonable size and I can't see any concerns about running off the edges from happening.

The rubber edges grip my glass topped desk well and there is minimal slip.

The only negative I can see is the possibility of the front edge of the pad maybe becoming frayed from rubbing from a users forearm/wrist, only time will tell.

Gigabyte Krypton dual chassis mouse.

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

The box has the usual brief description of the features.

IMG_2028.jpg

A rather nice presentation box within.

IMG_2029.jpg

The mouse in all its glory.

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

Under the mouse is this booklet and a spare set of Teflon pads.

IMG_2036.jpg

Underneath everything is a flap which hides the weights, removal device and the second "speed" chassis.

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

Plenty of weights is nice to see, I use to have a Logitech G5 which I fully loaded with extra weight as I like to use a heavy mouse.

IMG_2041.jpg

The weight grabber.

IMG_2055.jpg

Fully loaded with weight is how I like it.

The base with Teflon feet is for "control".

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

It is very easy to swap out the base for the ceramic "speed" version, a solid tug backwards releases the floor.

IMG_2053.jpg

Looks very nice indeed.

IMG_2048.jpg

There are 3 buttons on each side, the left side button at the front controls the macro mode and if held down with the identical button on the right side for 3 seconds it will switch the mouse between right/left hand modes.

IMG_2047.jpg

Gold plated connector and the cable braiding is finished off nicely.

Below is a quick video showing the the lighting and the movement of the mouse using the "speed" chassis with the "speed" and "precision" side of the Krypton pad.

Gigabyte Osmium mechanical keyboard.

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

Cherry Red switches
IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

Inside the outer carton is another box.

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

The keyboard in all its glory and additional customisable keycaps and removal tool.

IMG_2076.jpg

Quick start guide.

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

Just like the mouse this is a very slick looking product.

The overall build quality and weight is superb.

IMG_2078.jpg

USB3.0 and Mic+headphone ports are on the left side.

IMG_2081.jpg

At the back is a USB2.0 port.

IMG_2084.jpg

Just like the mouse connector, the keyboards connectors and ports are all gold plated.

IMG_2082.jpg

The braided cable is extremely thick and well finished.

IMG_2086.jpg

Adjustable rubber soled feet underneath.

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

The wrist rest comes away easily and leaves the keyboard looking very compact.

IMG_2091.jpg

Cherry Red switches are used on every key, I have used these before on my previous Corsair K90 keyboard and find them excellent for typing as well as gaming.

More about different types of switches can be found here - http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

CherryMXRedAnimated.gif

Type: Linear Switch
Link: Datasheet
Tactile: No
Clicky: No
Actuation Force: 45g (Force Diagram)
Key Travel: 2mm to actuation, 4mm to bottom
Cherry MX-Red's are another switch that can be considered a "gaming" switch. It's essentially a lighter version of the MX Black, requiring less force to actuate. Some people do not find this switch that good for typing or gaming because it is so light, but others rave for this fact. Light or Stiff is always a matter of preference. This switch was hard to find; and was reported as EOL, but it is still in limited production with a higher than average MOQ leading to higher cost to board makers. Marketed with high demand, boards with this switch are becoming more common, but are generally more expensive as well.

The Aivia logo in the top right of the keyboard controls up to 5 gaming profiles, a quick touch of it changes the colour to identify which profile it's in.

Here is a quick video of the key illumination,

Ghost software.

There is a single software suite available to download from here which is used to set the profiles and adjust any available settings on the mouse or keyboard.

I've put two screengrabs side by side below to make up a single image.

Untitled11.png

The initial screen gives the option of updating the software, visiting the Gigabyte website or the dedicated Aivia forum, the other two options are to select the mouse or keyboard.

The profile option for the Krypton mouse allows you to assign a function to each button.

Untitled22.png

Untitled33.png

Untitled44.png

The mouse settings on offer are very comprehensive,

• Polling rate adjustment
• Sensitivity adjustment up to 8200DPI
• The amount of lines the scroll wheel will move and its brightness.
• The memory used to store macros can be backed up/restored or deleted.

Untitled55.png

The settings for the keyboard are for the five user profiles where you can enable or disable profiles or setup the actual macros for each of the five "G" buttons.

The Aivia logo "breathing" effect (it basically dims and then gets bright again) can be turned on or off.

Conclusion.

I have been using this setup now for around a week, so far I couldn't be happier with the three items.

The pad so far hasn't frayed or become manky along the front edge, it offers plenty of space and the "speed" side is my favorite as the mouse just flies across it.

The keyboard is weighty, feels like it's made from granite and has excellent illumination, I love using Cherry Red switches for a combination of typing or gaming, combined with the easy to use software to setup the macros or load new ones and it's just full of win.

The mouse is simply sublime, I love mice where I can can load them full of weight to suit my style, yet even with this added weight using the "speed" chassis the mouse still glides effortlessly across the pads "speed" side. adjusting the DPI setting on the fly is easy to achieve, the settings available in the Ghost software are extensive. The mouse is extremely comfortable to use whether you use a "claw" or "palm" grip method.

My overall impressions are extremely favourable and as a three piece combination I give this setup

9.5/10

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Excellent review Stulid.
Having used all of this hardware myself, I would agree with you on pretty much all the points, I personally didn't like the mouse but it as only because it didn't suit my grip style well. The keyboard is brilliant though and on par in my opinion with the excellent qpad mk85.

Thanks for sharing your findings with the forum

Permabanned
Awesome looking keyboard, not a fan of the looks of the mouse (bit too much going on) but I'm sure it will suit a lot of people.

Are mechanical keyboards always going to be priced at a premium, I'd like one but I'm not that bothered about getting one when they're so expensive.

Soldato
Looks awesome but I see a major issue with the keyboard

Looking at the picture above the usb 3.0 port and headphone is on the right hand side of the keyboard?

If your right handed.... that is exactly where one would keep there right handed mouse and mouse mat so the cable from your headphones or speakers would perhaps get in the way since its on the right hand side id imagine.

Associate
Yes, it is. But why would you have your mouse that close to the keyboard?

I've actually had the mouse and keyboard for a week now, still not sure about red switches but buying blind I didn't have a huge amount of choice there. I'll get used to them though, they are just a bit too light for my liking. The keyboard itself is very well made. The mouse has been a real revelation for me. I also went from a G5 and the Krypton mouse is lovely, it looks extremely fussy, but when you actually use it, it's a really very nice mouse, especially if you like them heavy, which obviously both Stulid and I like.

Back
Top Bottom