• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RMA help

ah so they hide that on a diff page
Dont keep peeing off gigabyte, they have been known to void warranty if they suspect foul play. They could just turn around and say warranty void due to being sold on as 2nd hand and then you left with nothing. Wait for original purchaser to step up or .... Buy new card

Should have obtained the receipt before contacting gigabyte.

They can refuse to deal with you altogether now that you have admitted you bought it second hand.

Last edited:
Should have obtained the receipt before contacting gigabyte.
I messaged the seller ahead of emailing gigabyte. As I mentioned in original post, seller said they're outside of country, returning next week. They even said they will ask someone at home to look for the reciept. Fingers crossed!

Sorry to hear about your situation, this is why im avoiding buying second hand after doing a lot of research,

I was actually about to buy a Gigabyte card ( new ) because they have UK based RMA, but reading from first page it seems their warranty starts from production date and not the date an end-user buys card from retailer? Thats quite disturbing as it could easily be the case that over 1 year has passed from production date from to sale date.

Do I now have to email and enquire about production date of a card before buying it?

This is one of the reasons I left PC gaming in 2012 because high failure rates for expensive gpu's and crappy warranty support.

@Shroud Pretty much reflected my thoughts.

The current gen GPU prices are absurd to say the least. Both Nvidia and AMD are screwing gamers with high prices. Leaving no choice for "budget" gamers but to buy a used GPU. But in used GPU side, as in my recent experience, partner card companies are using excuses to get out of warranty claims. Buying used goods is an absolutely normal practice.
Its just so much easier to be a console gamer. Neither Sony nor Microsoft ask for original purchase invoice (based on my past experiences). The warranty simply starts from the day of console activation.

Last edited:
Well this thread less than seven days old this poster says that Gigabyte have offered them a repair but not a replacement without a purchase reciept.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your situation, this is why im avoiding buying second hand after doing a lot of research,

I was actually about to buy a Gigabyte card ( new ) because they have UK based RMA, but reading from first page it seems their warranty starts from production date and not the date an end-user buys card from retailer? Thats quite disturbing as it could easily be the case that over 1 year has passed from production date from to sale date.

Do I now have to email and enquire about production date of a card before buying it?

This is one of the reasons I left PC gaming in 2012 because high failure rates for expensive gpu's and crappy warranty support.
I got my Gigabyte Aorus XTX card recently and registered with Gigabyte for 4 years (3 years if not registered within 30 days). The warranty started from the sales invoice date, not the production date the shows on the Gigabyte website.

@Shroud Pretty much reflected my thoughts.

The current gen GPU prices are absurd to say the least. Both Nvidia and AMD are screwing gamers with high prices. Leaving no choice for "budget" gamers but to buy a used GPU. But in used GPU side, as in my recent experience, partner card companies are using excuses to get out of warranty claims. Buying used goods is an absolutely normal practice.
Its just so much easier to be a console gamer. Neither Sony nor Microsoft ask for original purchase invoice (based on my past experiences). The warranty simply starts from the day of console activation.
Sorry to bump this thread.

What was the outcome in the end? I ask as I have bought a used Gigabyte card but I have the original invoice from the seller.

I fear that if I hand this over to them, they'll only ship a replacement to their address in their name.

Sorry to bump this thread.

What was the outcome in the end? I ask as I have bought a used Gigabyte card but I have the original invoice from the seller.

I fear that if I hand this over to them, they'll only ship a replacement to their address in their name.
My issue is still not resolved.
Based on my experience, it is impossible to have it repaired under the warranty without significant support from the original owner. You will basically be completely reliant on them to claim warranty on your behalf. I will update once I have the final outcome.

Based on my experience, it is impossible to have it repaired under the warranty without significant support from the original owner. You will basically be completely reliant on them to claim warranty on your behalf. I will update once I have the final outcome.
Thanks for the reply.

Based on your posts and what I've seen online, I've pulled out of buying the card.

Hope you get your issue resolved soon.

Thanks for the reply.

Based on your posts and what I've seen online, I've pulled out of buying the card.

Hope you get your issue resolved soon.
No problem and thank you.

If you're still considering buying used GPU, it seems EVGA has the most consumer friendly policy and the best customer service.

No problem and thank you.

If you're still considering buying used GPU, it seems EVGA has the most consumer friendly policy and the best customer service.
Issue is I don't know how much stock they've got left for warranties. I would assume they will dry up within the year.

EVGA were always my go to for second hand cards.

Hi, just curious. Did you end up acquiring the original receipt, and/or did the original owner help you out to claim warranty? :)

Last edited:
So finally had a resolution last week after 3 month. Needed full support from the original owner. He did provide the receipt but gigabyte were still knit picking. So decided to make a warranty claim with the retailer (popular uk retailer) instead of gigabyte. The retailer also required the original owner to make the warranty claim. So he started the process and RMA was approved fairly quickly. I sent the card off and they diagnosed the gpu faulty 2 days after receiving it and further sent it off to gigabyte. Gigabyte took another 6 weeks to come back with being unable to repair the card. They then dragged their feet to issue the credit to the retailer, making excuse of some internal issue. The retailer finally received the credit in 2nd week of April and offered rtx 4080 as replacement. I am skipping a lot of detail, mostly miserable for both me and the original owner, but we both were fed up of the whole situation. Needles to say it couldn't have been resolved without his full support. Lesson learned, never buying anything Gigabyte again, even the retailer didn't have good things to say about them.

So finally had a resolution last week after 3 month. Needed full support from the original owner. He did provide the receipt but gigabyte were still knit picking. So decided to make a warranty claim with the retailer (popular uk retailer) instead of gigabyte. The retailer also required the original owner to make the warranty claim. So he started the process and RMA was approved fairly quickly. I sent the card off and they diagnosed the gpu faulty 2 days after receiving it and further sent it off to gigabyte. Gigabyte took another 6 weeks to come back with being unable to repair the card. They then dragged their feet to issue the credit to the retailer, making excuse of some internal issue. The retailer finally received the credit in 2nd week of April and offered rtx 4080 as replacement. I am skipping a lot of detail, mostly miserable for both me and the original owner, but we both were fed up of the whole situation. Needles to say it couldn't have been resolved without his full support. Lesson learned, never buying anything Gigabyte again, even the retailer didn't have good things to say about them.
To be honest, I'm not sure it would be any better with a lot of other companies when it comes to second hand products. I can only remember Evga having transferable warranty. Dell does something similar, and Viewsonic from serial number.

At least Gigabyte gave a decent upgrade in the end, handy to have the feedback you gave. Usually in the market place on these forums, people usually help out if something goes wrong with something they have sold on. :)

I'm working on an updated list of company warranty information for motherboards, cpus, ram along with AMD and Intel for cpus.

Last edited:
Just read this thread. Simply horrible. Added gigabyte to my avoid list. Surprised the rep didn't bother to reply here either!
The rep may not work for them anymore or moved on.

Last seen online 6th of October 2022 so seems like the account is inactive

Back
Top Bottom