Gigabyte RTX 3060 - No HDMI Signal

Soldato
I'd strip everything out of the case at this point, build it up on the desk with just the CPU, GPU and RAM, literally nothing else.
Does the CPU fan spin up when you try to power the system up?

Associate
OP
Is that just the 'boot' LED lit up in the picture or one of the other ones?
Yeah it is the boot LED indicator.

Does the CPU fan spin up when you try to power the system up?
Yeah all fans are running, the GPU fans shut down after a second which is apparently normal until they reach appropriate temp.

just the CPU, GPU and RAM, literally nothing else.
Apart from the M.2 SSD and PSU that is all I'm using anyway, would this be to test something particular?

Associate
OP
Okay I tried unplugging all extra stuff then rebooting to see if that was the problem.
Here is a picture to show what I had plugged in and what I tested removing. (It is possible you know better than me that I don't have something in that I should have)
MOBOManual1.jpg
Also upon reading the MOBO Manual further I found this page and this particular light is on. Is this a clear indication that my RAM is faulty?
MOBOManual2.jpg

Man of Honour
Okay I tried unplugging all extra stuff then rebooting to see if that was the problem.
Here is a picture to show what I had plugged in and what I tested removing. (It is possible you know better than me that I don't have something in that I should have)
MOBOManual1.jpg
Also upon reading the MOBO Manual further I found this page and this particular light is on. Is this a clear indication that my RAM is faulty?
MOBOManual2.jpg
Both sticks faulty I'm not so sure and doesn't explain io ports not working.

My advice is to take the motherboard out and update the bios with q flash plus. All you need is the motherboard, psu and usb drive with latest bios. Plus there is no chance of a short , rebuild not in the case and test.

Associate
You sure you are pushing the ram down until it clicks in?
Try I dimm on all slots, then try other dimm. Something is bound to work to get you past the memory error

Man of Honour
Can I connect the new motherboard to my old system to access USB that way as it is unpowered I/O on this system?
No.

You need to take the motherboard out to rule out a short, this is important .

You can either test you system then or update the bios, updating the bios you only need to connect the psu to the motherboard. Insert the usb drive in the correct flash port and press the fkaah button, You should get activity and after a few minutes the flash process will stop.

https://glennsqlperformance.com/202...a-gigabyte-motherboard-with-q-flash-plus/amp/

Associate
OP
Insert the usb drive in the correct flash port and press the fkaah button
I will try this tomorrow morning thank you.

Supposing it doesn't work what is the remaining fault? Having to replace motherboard?

Given the D-RAM LED fault showing, is there any possibility that replacing the RAM could be the only problem? AFAIK that shouldn't prevent boot or deny power to the I/Os?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I will try this tomorrow morning thank you.

Supposing it doesn't work what is the remaining fault? Having to replace motherboard?

Given the D-RAM LED fault showing, is there any possibility that replacing the RAM could be the only problem? AFAIK that shouldn't prevent boot or deny power to the I/Os?
If all fails after that it's a case of sending parts back to be tested theres no definative answer but memory would be first and motherboard.

Let's us know how you get on.

Good luck.

Man of Honour
Okay I QFlashed the BIOS and still have all the same problems including C1 error so I will try get my hands on some alternative DDR5 RAM to swap in and see if there's any luck there.
Unlucky.

I'm guessing you tried each stick individually in every slot ?

Did you have a closer look at the cpu motherboard socket for bent pins while it was out of the case.

Associate
OP
Have you taken the CPU out and inspected the socket yet?
Yeah, it's intel so at least as far as I can tell there's nothing obviously wrong.
As a small update I have also tried now Display Port and get no signal on that either through my new card, on-board graphics or my friends (confirmed working) card.
I think I will take the RAM to a PC shop to have it tested and if it is okay I will then replace the motherboard, what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom