• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RTX 3090 Turbo - just died on me

So good that the rep that was on here has done one. Gigabyte products have definitely gone down quality wise in my opinion.

How has Gigabyte gone downhill? Every brand has some duff products. I've lost count the amount of people that has said Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA has gone downhill because they've had a failed product.

You do realise people can change jobs, retire, etc. Or do you expect the rep to stay a rep for life?

The fact there is no active rep on here means nothing to me.

He was last on Friday.

How has Gigabyte gone downhill? Every brand has some duff products. I've lost count the amount of people that has said Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA has gone downhill because they've had a failed product.
He was last on Friday.

Maybe they had a batch of duff products, but I used two motherboards in the last couple of years, one just didn't boot whatever you did and the other a RAM slot was bad on. And then the 2080 card that had virtually no thermal paste on it, bad QC.

Enough to put me off, others can take as they find.

Maybe they had a batch of duff products, but I used two motherboards in the last couple of years, one just didn't boot whatever you did and the other a RAM slot was bad on. And then the 2080 card that had virtually no thermal paste on it, bad QC.

Enough to put me off, others can take as they find.

Gigabyte are notorious for releasing bad GPU batches. AMD 7850 and 7870 springs to mind. Also there was another card cant remember which later than these also same. You could always tell when there was a bad batch of Gigabyte GPU's as OCUK used to have 10+ of the said graphics card in B Grade. :cry:

To all of the supporters, thank You. To all of the haters go to hell! I know that ranting about my GPU is a sore for some of You, I apologize but desperate times require desperate measures.

As it turns out it is a factory flaw.
The chip that got fried is called a MOSFET AL00 0U1N - AL000U1N. The chip is cloaked/locked(something along those lines) and cannot be obtained outside manufacturer.
We (and by we I mean a trusty Louis Rossmann like CBR technician) managed to find a compatible Alpha & Omega semiconductor part: AOZ5332QI - http://www.aosmd.com/res/data_sheets/AOZ5332QI.pdf
The board is up and running.
The Board design & the CHIP in question are PRONE TO FAILURE and nowhere to be found.
All the Gigabyte 3090 and 3080 share the same component (3090 turbo/3090 gaming/3090 eagle/ 3090 vision) Buyers beware!

:) - Another one bites the dust:

No, but the quality of the last 3 of their products I had were crap, that means something to me.
I was aware that this is a sample size of 1 so no conclusions should be made but there is a pattern of failing Gigabyte devices. My 3 Mobo including z390 master (covered by warranty) and few others like x570 aorus ultra went broken.

The pattern is starting to develop but usually like myself only those who had their hardware broken goes vocal.
My experiences with gigabyte aren't great that's why I wouldn't buy any of there stuff again.
That it does :cry::cry:
If I were to mine crypto, I would do my research and probably buy a less powerful/more power efficient, cheaper and more common GPU. Think with Your head not with with Your hurting ass

Last edited:
Dear OP.

Nobody can help you here.

/Close thread.

Learn your lesson from this and move on.

The fact that You have nothing to input does not stretch to this entire community, be aware next time to not disencourage those with value comments (even if You don't see a value that does not imply there is non)
ie.
I provide component level repair services, and there are a few realy good component lever repair ppl in poland. Just get it fixed. By the description it souls like an easy 10 min diagnostics and 20 min fix by replacing few components.
Made me seek help in repair in a place that looked sooooo sketchy and I would never in my life end up before...

The fact that You have nothing to input does not stretch to this entire community, be aware next time to not disencourage those with value comments (even if You don't see a value that does not imply there is non)
ie.

Made me seek help in repair in a place that looked sooooo sketchy and I would never in my life end up before...
Was it fixed by the sketchy place? I'm glad you managed to get it fixed, it must have been a nightmare for you.

Was it fixed by the sketchy place? I'm glad you managed to get it fixed, it must have been a nightmare for you.
Yes it was.
i would like an update on fix and price. plz.
I sent the card back to be installed in a server at a colocation facility. As the technician guy said I was lucky - usually this ends up being a fried GPU.
I paid around ~180 euro but it was for the expedited repair and shipping. The repair comes with warranty tax included.

This is not a cheap repair nor as the guy said a granted one. 80-90% of the cards with this particular part fried are deemed not fixable as the too high voltage goes directly through GPU core.
Gigabyte must have knew about the problem that is probably why they did not want to even take it as a paid repair.
Beware of second hand cards! Do not believe that some sketchy warranty is covering You it covers only the original buyer. Learn from my mistake it is a **** load of money to gamble

so its a mosfet on a v core. most likely. U lucky its a gigabyte card, it has fuses. EVGA would be game over. No fuses on EVGA cards.

i can give u a video of 3090 repair. i bet your card had same issue. if thats the case then i would have charged 50£ but thats no the point. good that u got it fixed. i wish more ppl thot about fixing instead of replacement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIsUVBswnP0&ab_channel=NorthridgeFix

Hi,
I'm in a pickle, I bought two RTX 3090 cards gigabyte and asus of off second hand market, (before You judge it is a blower style card currently EOL - so no new ones are available and for that matter will not be but I need the form factor), to use in collocated AI rig.

The gigabyte card just died uppon a server power cycle, (power-off/power-on).
Tried to reach Gigabyte support for help only to know that the card is not covered in any type of warranty as I am not the first original buyer.
I cannot get a hold on to any GPU grant at my Alma Mater which at this point in time should not be a supprise to anyone.
I Used all of my savings and scholarship money so the budget is short...
Is there anything that can be done to revive that card I am open to any helping thoughts?

F

Are you able to contact the original buyer? Is there no way of transferring the warranty?

Pleased its got fixed, classic example of why some of us don't buy from scalpers along with the satisfaction of not giving them a profit. I sold all my old GPU to the major 2nd hand shop earlier this year so that at least the new owners get a 2 year warranty. I lost out compared to the ebay price but if my old cards helped some people who were desperate for a gpu I get satisfaction from that

Back
Top Bottom