Gigabyte Start-up Logo Displayed for Too Long Before Loading Windows

I had an older gigabyte board do the same (board was a 770t-ud3).

Was the hdd I was using, just didn't like that hdd for whatever reason. With it plugged in, it would do much the same as yours. Just sit on the post screen for ages, before finally booting. Once booted it was fine. Occasionally it would boot quickly, but most of the time it was slow. Used a different hdd, been fine since.

Drive that came out is fine, worked elsewhere, just for some reason the board apparently did not like it.
The system was ok (the splash screen was displayed within around 5 seconds) when I used the motherboard for the first week even though I used the same SSD. However, the SATA AHCI mode at that time was set to IDE. On the second week, I changed the SATA AHCI mode from IDE to AHCI and then reformat the PC. I can try changing back the setting from AHCI to IDE and reformat the PC if you want.

I can also try with different hard disk/SSD, but I need more time because I don't have any spare hard disk/SSD at the moment.

Lastly, I tried to switch on the system when the SSD, memory, and CMOS battery are disconnected, but there were no improvement. I can try this again one more time as confirmation.

Will have.made no difference whatsoever - you are worrying too.much
All right, understood. Thank you.

Good day,

These are the updates of what I've done on Friday night:
1) Powered-up the computer with no USB device plugged-in (including mouse and keyboard) - no improvement.
2) Replacing the Logitech wireless mouse + keyboard with 2 different sets of wired mouse + keyboard (Logitech set and Dell set) while powering-up the computer - no improvement.
3) Changed the 'halt on errors' setting from 'keyboard only' to 'none' - no improvement.
4) Changed the "SATA AHCI mode" from 'AHCI' to 'IDE' (suggested by the seller of the motherboard himself/herself) - no improvement.
5) Clicked the 'Load Optimised Defaults' to restore the BIOS to factory settings - no improvement.

Somebody from other forum suspect that the memory stick that I use might be faulty and suggested me to try the following things (will do it after finish working on Monday):
1) install the memory stick on different memory slots and the power-up the computer.
2) power-up the computer with different memory stick.
3) perform memory test on the current memory stick (I don't know how to do this, but I will google about it later).

Please also give me suggestion if there is any other thing that you would like me to do.

Thank you and have a nice day.

P/S: I changed the "SATA AHCI mode" from 'AHCI' to 'IDE' without reformatting the Windows 10 because I was running out of time last Friday. If you want, I can do it this week.

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if this turned out to be a hardware issue with the motherboard. Something seems wrong software wise or perhaps the other hardware in the computer.

Could be wrong of course

Back
Top Bottom