Gigabyte vs ASRock motherboard for i5 11400f

Associate
Hi

Putting together my first rig using an i5 11400f. Would love to know how the Gigabyte Intel B560 DS3H Micro-ATX and ASRock Intel B560M-HDV mATX compare. What is the difference between these boards and what are the options for expansion/wi-fi cards?

Cheers

Soldato
OP, you might get more useful advice if you just explained what you're looking for instead of posting 5 separate threads about various second hand systems and choosing a ryzen system and now choosing an Intel motherboard, each drip feeding extra information about your use case, budget, and what components you already own.

Soldato
The current best value board (IMO) is the MSI B560M PRO-VDH WIFI you should be able to find it for about £95 at retail. It includes Intel Wi-Fi 6E, 2.5Gb Ethernet and 4 DIMM slots, solid little board in a MATX form factor, with a decent finned VRM heatsink that is easy to pass airflow over. Basically not flashy but performs where it counts.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B560M-PRO-VDH-WIFI

Associate
OP, you might get more useful advice if you just explained what you're looking for instead of posting 5 separate threads about various second hand systems and choosing a ryzen system and now choosing an Intel motherboard, each drip feeding extra information about your use case, budget, and what components you already own.

that sounds far too sensible...

The current best value board (IMO) is the MSI B560M PRO-VDH WIFI you should be able to find it for about £95 at retail. It includes Intel Wi-Fi 6E, 2.5Gb Ethernet and 4 DIMM slots, solid little board in a MATX form factor, with a decent finned VRM heatsink that is easy to pass airflow over. Basically not flashy but performs where it counts.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B560M-PRO-VDH-WIFI

cheapest online seems to be around £130 and only on pre order

Back
Top Bottom