Gigabyte X370 K7 issue

Associate
Hello Orcvader,

What was the serial number of your board, I can use that to track exactly where the board is. We normally only take 5 to 7 working days to process any RMA.

Soldato
OP
Just got an email from OcUK today that the motherboard is being sent back to me on a new order, subject to stock. So I'm guessing this is a completely new board then? Well, at least I know I'll finally have a working desktop again soon :p.

Associate
Just got an email from OcUK today that the motherboard is being sent back to me on a new order, subject to stock. So I'm guessing this is a completely new board then? Well, at least I know I'll finally have a working desktop again soon :p.

My email stated that also , got the same motherboard back in the box , if you got that message then you may have it back tomorrow by DPD

my email:
The product MB-554-GI on RMA RMAxxxxx will be sent to you on a new order with order number xxxxxx.

This will be despatched as soon as possible, subject to stock availability.

Soldato
OP
Replacement board arrived yesterday. Checked the serial code and it's a completely new one. Installed in today and now everything is up and running again. Also noticed with the board, the previous one I actually did have an odd POST where if it was powered off completely from the wall, once powering it back up, it powered on for a few seconds then turned off, and back on again afterwards. I assumed it was POST tests but if it's not doing it with this board then maybe it had issues back then.

Flashed the F7a BIOS and noticed the boot times is considerably faster as well.

However now Windows is refusing to reactivate even after going through the troubleshooter, but I plan to do a fresh install anyway for the Fall Creators update.

Associate
Replacement board arrived yesterday. Checked the serial code and it's a completely new one. Installed in today and now everything is up and running again. Also noticed with the board, the previous one I actually did have an odd POST where if it was powered off completely from the wall, once powering it back up, it powered on for a few seconds then turned off, and back on again afterwards. I assumed it was POST tests but if it's not doing it with this board then maybe it had issues back then.

Flashed the F7a BIOS and noticed the boot times is considerably faster as well.

However now Windows is refusing to reactivate even after going through the troubleshooter, but I plan to do a fresh install anyway for the Fall Creators update.

Yep i add that trouble activating windows again , first it say cannot connect to servers & when it dose ,no activated , then troubleshoot - changed hardware & if all fails do live chat with ms or the phone to reactivate. ,Make sure your singed into the ms account linked to windows 10

Soldato
OP
Yep i add that trouble activating windows again , first it say cannot connect to servers & when it dose ,no activated , then troubleshoot - changed hardware & if all fails do live chat with ms or the phone to reactivate. ,Make sure your singed into the ms account linked to windows 10

Yeah already signed in and everything. Was considering the live chat but as mentioned, I wanted to do a clean install for the Fall Creators update.

It's all up and running now. Doesn't take too long for me to set everything up since most things are on the second drive/cloud now.

Back
Top Bottom