Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro BIOS resetting

Associate
Having issues myself. Everything is running great on F4 Bios but don't seem to be able to update BIOS. It just resets itself.

I did not notice the bit about A2/B2 slots for RAM but even though I have 8 pack 3600 CL16 2 x 8gb it runs at 2400 and anything I try to do - XMP in app centre / simple BIOS / advanced BIOS or manual settings ends up resetting again.

Slightly at a loss as to what to do...

Associate
Having issues myself. Everything is running great on F4 Bios but don't seem to be able to update BIOS. It just resets itself.

I did not notice the bit about A2/B2 slots for RAM but even though I have 8 pack 3600 CL16 2 x 8gb it runs at 2400 and anything I try to do - XMP in app centre / simple BIOS / advanced BIOS or manual settings ends up resetting again.

Slightly at a loss as to what to do...
What voltages are you using?

Associate
Is that all you changed? You'll probably need to alter SOC and VDDG as well.

Probably worth giving DRAM Calculator for Ryzen a go:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

I'll give it a go thanks. I haven't delved too much and was really just trying to use XMP or do this manually when profile didn't work.

Haven't ever bothered too much with RAM settings in the past - something I've always avoided!

Half the reason for going 3600 RAM was to just have plug and play I hoped...

Caporegime
I've got an issue on the x570 Xtreme

It's got dual bios, and the switches are in their default '1' position. I updated the BIOS to F3i the other day

However, I noticed an orange led on the motherboard, and so I looked in to it and it's switched over to the backup BIOS somehow? CPU-Z confirms it's using bios F2.

How can I switch back?

Edit - I flicked the switch to position 2 (which should be the backup bios) and it's now using the main bios that was updated...weird.

Last edited:
Associate
Forgot to also mention that you'll need test for stability too. The system may post, but can still be unstable.

What are recommended utilities to use for this? Memtest / IntelBurn - any others and specific tests / settings to use?

I did the memory and cache benchmark test in AIDA64 only so far...

Thanks again!

Associate
What are recommended utilities to use for this? Memtest / IntelBurn - any others and specific tests / settings to use?

I did the memory and cache benchmark test in AIDA64 only so far...

Thanks again!
You've got many of the usual suspects already.

Might also want to consider some of the following:
HCI MemTest
MemTest86
MemTest86+
Kahru Software RAM Test

Prime95 stresses your CPU a lot and is often used to test CPU overclock stability. But I've had some RAM settings pass MemTest86 before, but actually fail Prime95, so you might want to give this a go too.

There are arguments for and against using any of the above software, so pick and choose the ones you're comfortable with.

Make sure you monitor temperatures, because stress testing pushes your hardware to the limit.

Associate
Good morning everyone!
First post here, I hope you allow foreigners :) (Un français ici!)

I'm following this thread, not that I wanted to, but I also have an Aorus Elite, built last night, Corsair RAM (Vengeance 2x16 - C16) - PSU Corsair HX850
and have been experiencing the same problem... Impossible to set XMP on my RAM, getting into Bios is painfully long, and it clears the CMOS as soon as I try using XMP.
I'll have another go during lunch or this afternoon. Oh, and I already tried switching RAM. Next move, trying with only one.
Last bios flashed.

à plus :)

Associate
Thanks, I came across this thread already, I just wasn't ready to flash a Beta bios found on a forum, but now I know he's from Gigabyte I'll give it a go in a few minutes!
I'll let you know. If this doesn't do the trick, I'll try each set of Ram on its own.

Associate
np hope it helps, fyi im using corsair veng 3200 cl16 with xmp without issue (2 seperate kits of 16gb) but im using the pro not the elite.
but some of the odler bios's when you set XMP it wouldnt change the voltage, so we had to manually set the voltage to 1.350 as otherwise it will stay at 1.2 and not boot.

edit: apologies i missunderstood your post, i see that you mean when you set xmp it wipes the setting sout.

Associate
I just installed the beta Bios on the Ultra. I too have the Corsair vengeance 3200 cl16 with XMP enabled and it seemed to run fine. However, after a complete power off the BIOS would reset. This is apparently fixed in the beta version. Initial tests seem to indicate positive results.

Associate
np hope it helps, fyi im using corsair veng 3200 cl16 with xmp without issue (2 seperate kits of 16gb) but im using the pro not the elite.
but some of the odler bios's when you set XMP it wouldnt change the voltage, so we had to manually set the voltage to 1.350 as otherwise it will stay at 1.2 and not boot.

edit: apologies i missunderstood your post, i see that you mean when you set xmp it wipes the setting sout.

No probs, that and the loooooong time it takes to boot. I'm about to flash the bios, I'll report in a moment :)

Associate
I just installed the beta Bios on the Ultra. I too have the Corsair vengeance 3200 cl16 with XMP enabled and it seemed to run fine. However, after a complete power off the BIOS would reset. This is apparently fixed in the beta version. Initial tests seem to indicate positive results.
yes this also resolved this issue for me, it would happen if you enable ERP, next boot bios settings were gone.

Associate
Still no luck, XMP settings are not working. It still takes forever to boot as well. I'll try one 16go RAM at a time and see what it does.

EDIT : first one on A2, 1600mhz achieved. Seems XMP worked. I'll try next one, alone, one B2.
Doesn't work, I smell a faulty module... I'm trying the 'faulty' one one A2.

OK still not taking XMP settings and stays at 1064mhz... I suppose I need to send it back while I still can.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom