Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro BIOS resetting

Associate
Ok I have to admit I'm lost. XMP profile is now OK. Most of the time, when I changed something in the Bios, it would reset it.
I have absolutely no idea why it's doing that. The only thing I changed though (while trying different things) was disabling CSM.

And guess what?

My PC has been working and booting normally (and quickly) since then.
I haven't decided to return my MB yet as a result. Memtest (done in Dram calculator) and OCCT reported no problem, it seems to be working normally.
I could leave it like that and see where it goes! ....
Or I could try to tighten ram timings a bit :))))

Oh, and I also flashed the bios again, I thought maybe something didn't go the way it should at first.
Even if it continues to work, I know I'll be flashing the bios again as soon as a new one comes out ^^

I have had a similar issue with my MSI Meg Ace. CMOS keeps resetting after being shutdown for about 30 minutes. Battery if fine (tried another to be sure), no issues with Windows, just that my CMOS keeps clearing. From what I can gather this may be a Ryzen 3000/BIOS compatibility problem. Maybe it is the board though.

Associate
I haven't tried that yet.
I'll see tomorrow morning after it's been off all night.

For the moment, even my ram is OCed to 3433 mhz cl16 thanks to dram calculator.

I'll give it a couple of days to see if it stays stable.

EDIT : no problem booting.
Only problems : it's not booting when my memory card reader is plugged in with the micro SD adapter (empty) in. Strange.

But I've got Ram problems. More on that in a new thread, I'd like your input :)

Last edited:
Associate
Ok I'm doomed. Those interested, have a look here

EDIT : I give up, I'm sending it all back. I might not even go for a new aorus Elite since the trouble...

Last edited:
Associate
I'm just sitting back on F5L and running my 3600 ram at 3200. Been running fine for past couple of weeks so don't want to risk anything.

Tempted by beta BIOS revisions but will probably hold out. I also put my ram in wrong slots for dual channel so am hoping that's the reason I can't boot past 3200. I would swap but going to have to fiddle to remove cooler to get at RAM slots so can't be bothered right now. Particularly when everything I throw at the system is running great and decent base/boost clocks.

Associate
Ok I've just done a bit more fiddling. I noticed when doing anything in the BIOS, including just going into it and restarting caused an insanely long boot time(timed with a stopwatch at around 1 minute 30, to Windows login screen from a 970 NVME SSD) it gave the impression my PC is failing to POST a couple of times

The motherboard manual says "For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in the DDR4_A2 and DDR4_B2 sockets." so I tried the other 2 sockets as a test and it's doing the same thing - i.e. not saving the setting and giving the Bios has been reset message when entering it.

What has fixed the issue is to not enable XMP under the simple mode and instead enable XMP Profile 1 in the advanced mode. My PC now boots into Windows reasonably fast and running "wmic memorychip get speed" from a command prompt now reports 3200 as opposed to 2400. I've then put the RAM back in the recommended slots and it's retaining the XMP setting and not giving me the Bios has been reset message. What is strange is how I had horrible boot times even just entering the BIOS to check settings and exiting without saving, since changing to XMP Profile 1 in Advanced mode this issue is cleared.

Unless for some reason you aren't allowed to change XMP settings under simple mode I suspect Gigabyte needs to look at fixing this.

For reference my RAM is an 8Pack 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit

Hopefully this helps anyone else who also experiences this issue.
Hi I have the exact same problem with my x570 aurus ultra with f4i bios vers.. I am trying to set manually my rams( Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W) to 3200 and every time I am trying to save it keeps resetting to defaults I dont know what to do I am thinking to return the board or I should wait for a new bios update for a fix

Associate
Hi I have the exact same problem with my x570 aurus ultra with f4i bios vers.. I am trying to set manually my rams( Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W) to 3200 and every time I am trying to save it keeps resetting to defaults I dont know what to do I am thinking to return the board or I should wait for a new bios update for a fix

Try the F4L beta BIOS from here - https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-...te-x570-aorus-owners-thread.html#post28023210

I had problems with the BIOS resetting with the official version, but the beta one did the trick for me.

Associate
Associate
I had the bios resetting [problem on my X570 aorus pro mobo. It was because I installed the chipset driver from the included DVD. Instead if you go to AMD website and download their chipset driver for the x570 then problem is solved.

Associate
I had the bios resetting [problem on my X570 aorus pro mobo. It was because I installed the chipset driver from the included DVD. Instead if you go to AMD website and download their chipset driver for the x570 then problem is solved.
You actually have a DVD drive!? Haha I got rid of mine totally for this Ryzen build. Not used it in years.

Associate
I also have a 3700X with an Gigabyte X570 Elite and can confirm that with both my Ram Kits XMP wont work. I tested with a Patriot Viper 3400CL16 and Corsair Vengeance 3200CL16 Kit (both Hynix Memory). Both wont boot with XMP even with all set manual. Both Kits tested in Asus Crosshair Hero (X370) and Asus X570 Tuf Gaming where they work flawlessly. There definitely something wrong with the board or bios.
Edit: I just tested with only one stick and found out that in B2 the computer boots just fine and in A2 it doesnt boot. Does that mean my A2 is faulty somehow and i have to send the board back?

Last edited:
Associate
I also have a 3700X with an Gigabyte X570 Elite and can confirm that with both my Ram Kits XMP wont work. I tested with a Patriot Viper 3400CL16 and Corsair Vengeance 3200CL16 Kit (both Hynix Memory). Both wont boot with XMP even with all set manual. Both Kits tested in Asus Crosshair Hero (X370) and Asus X570 Tuf Gaming where they work flawlessly. There definitely something wrong with the board or bios.
Edit: I just tested with only one stick and found out that in B2 the computer boots just fine and in A2 it doesnt boot. Does that mean my A2 is faulty somehow and i have to send the board back?
Have you loaded the beta? Worked for mine

Associate
yes i have the newest beta.
Today I got the Board to my computer shop for replacement. They tested and confirmed my problem. So i got a brand new board and though everything is good. WRONG!!!!!!!!
The new board has the exact!! same problem as my first board. How can this be??? SO either this is a fault of the whole series or somethings wrong with the bios and it gives memory slot A2 wrong voltage or something. I am not happy...

Associate
Let me join the club :)
I just installed G.SKILL RIPJAWS KIT 32GB (2x16) F4-3200C16D-32GVK and I have sort of the same problems you got!
Can't enable XMP profile and funny mouse will freeze after a brief movement (plug in and out and it will do the same..), keyboard will freeze as well after some here and there...
F3 initial bios updated to F4i with no change.

I'm going to the vendor tomorrow as he have everything there to try with like new ram etc, will keep you up-to-date! :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
What does your dram voltage read in bios? If it is reading more than 30mv over what you set (so higher than 1.38v if you set 1.35v) then try manually adjusting vTT voltage to be half your reported value. This fixed my issues (random cmos resets and memory instability at safe settings) with my Gigabyte X570 itx board.

Associate
I got some news! I removed my Samsung 970 EVO PLUS SSD and bios freeze is gone! I was also able to enable XMP then put back the SSD and it's still enabled... WTF!?
One other strange thing I noticed the PCH_FAN on the bios home was working at some point but now is N/A :)

Even it worked initially mouse freeze happens again with SSD inside... It's so buggy I can't even tell what exactly is going on :confused:

I wonder where this is all going to end? BIOS update is needed to fix these issues!
FlxqjgW.jpg
dk1bYaf.png

Last edited:
Associate
No, that's not usable, still making problems, it *MAY* reset bios settings on it's own and all sorts of other problems. What a shame, this was the last thing I would expect to get from Gigabyte and especially Aorus... If this doesn't get sorted out very soon, I'll return this board and probably get Asus Strix for the same money.. For those who read in case they try to download the F4 bios the link on the site is broken http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_x570-aorus-pro_f4i.zip there is a missing "i" after f4.....

Back
Top Bottom